Re: Feature Requests (Editor Only)

Thanks, I tried using the dotfile a while ago, but it didnt work (maybe i didnt use it properly) i will give it another try.

Changing the colour of individual meshes? Like a panel on the left for rgb and a couple of scripting functions like getObjectColor(object) and setObjectColor({ r, g, b}). It would help save time in cartoony kind of game where only simple textures etc are used, and instead of creating a new mesh to achieve a different colour, it would be easier to use a panel on the left for it or use the script functions.

Is it possible to have the Editor to arrange the objects (entities) in hierarchy, hopefully the mockup screenshot i made makes clear what i would like to see.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/04imx8rfz7abt … enshot.jpg

So basically allowing the pareting option that currently exist on the Editor, to be more visual. but also allowing the user (like me) to expand and collapse objects to not have super cluttered object list.

damvcoool wrote:

Is it possible to have the Editor to arrange the objects (entities) in hierarchy, hopefully the mockup screenshot i made makes clear what i would like to see.

So basically allowing the pareting option that currently exist on the Editor, to be more visual. but also allowing the user (like me) to expand and collapse objects to not have super cluttered object list.

That's a good idea. The full object list on my game scene with >1000 objects actually seems to lags on mac.

Last edited by Almighty Laxz (2012-12-02 21:59:45)

i have one suggestion when you double click on a object in the heirchy it zooms it in the object saves a lot of time

Last edited by Crucio777 (2012-12-03 14:16:01)

Hi guys. For first thank you for your amazing work.
This is my whish list (something already wrote) ... in order of priority:
1) collada importer (this can unlock artists that don't use blender)
2) snap setting
3) hide entity (useful for medium-big size map)
4) filter entity (useful for medium-big size map)
5) customize mouse/keyboard
6) zoom view on selected entity
7) layer (useful for medium-big size map)
8) find entity
9) mirror entity
10) entity proprierty -> material and texture description
11) phisic editor
12) history
13) multiple view

Marze3d, it may not be what you are looking for, but the Editor already has a way to edit the Physics of each object/entity. i think a little bit more description, or a mockup screenshot would be beneficial to show/describe what you are looking for on each feature big_smile

(a picture is worth more than a thousand words, and a video is worth more than a hundred pictures, even if the video is actually a few hundred pictures played together in succession)

damvcoool wrote:

Marze3d, it may not be what you are looking for, but the Editor already has a way to edit the Physics of each object/entity. i think a little bit more description, or a mockup screenshot would be beneficial to show/describe what you are looking for on each feature big_smile

(a picture is worth more than a thousand words, and a video is worth more than a hundred pictures, even if the video is actually a few hundred pictures played together in succession)

... and a open source editor is more than a thousand videos ... big_smile

http://icculus.org/gtkradiant/index.html

Last edited by marze3d (2012-12-04 20:17:16)

Another idea.
Opening project files directly from the file? It would save time going into the editor and opening it through there.

Almighty Laxz wrote:

Another idea.
Opening project files directly from the file? It would save time going into the editor and opening it through there.

Hello, you can already do this, just assign the .mproj file to open with maratis.exe

Vegas wrote:
Almighty Laxz wrote:

Another idea.

Hello, you can already do this, just assign the .mproj file to open with maratis.exe

I've tried this on mac and it tells me that the document can't be opened using MaratisEditor.

For some easiness, clicking on the position, rotation or scale in the left panel copies it to clipboard in the format {0.00,  0.00, 0.00} etc.
EDIT:
Oh and I think it would be better if undo didn't deselect objects. It gets annoying when I undo the movement of a large group of objects and I have to reselect them all

Last edited by Almighty Laxz (2012-12-08 09:32:44)

Fps rate.

Being able to apply the views settings to a camera would be nice. That way it would be easyer to setup a camera.

- Allow entity renaming from the object list view (tab, double click or anything else)
- Add a toggle "selectable" object on/off  option (Similiar to blender outliner one)

Being able to save a group of objects to a file and loading it into a level.

Anael, I was wondering if you have Used Unity3D (the game engine not the ubuntu desktop) maybe some editor ideas from their editor can be implemented here to enhance the experience.

able to group objects (like my screeshot from a previous post on this topic)
able to pack objects
ability to apply different baked textures to objects
ability to splash/paint textures over objects (perfect for terrain)
there are many other ideas that can be implemented (also i would understand if you want to keep Maratis unique and not a copy o other engines)

I would like to suggest adding the ability to 'create folders' for new projects, instead of everything going into DIR of choice. To me that is clutter and disorganized,  and would also negate the inefficient need to create this folder in the file explorer of whatever OS you use.

Almighty Laxz wrote:
damvcoool wrote:

That's a good idea. The full object list on my game scene with >1000 objects actually seems to lags on mac.

Anael any comments on when if possible could we see a feature like this?

a hierarchical object list should not be too difficult to do,
I spent a lot of time working on the new beta so I'm not sure when it will have some free time.

I'm always parsing this post, there is a lot of good requests,
I'll keep you in touch when I can afford a new programming session.

continue the good feedbacks,
thank you

it would be nice if the file selector could remember last path from session to session, sometime it's tedious rebuild the full path of a project starting from the root.

A few more I want to add, from frequent use of editor:

The scroll bar on far right is far too thin, and sometimes very difficult to grab as a result.

When you go to open a project, the Files/Folders are all one color and font ( and very small as well) ,and I think that's confusing. I would also remove the / in front of folders as imho that is also confusing to the eyes ( a distraction). I think it would make sense to have folder icons'. that would clearly solve that problem.

When you create a new project , all the files go into the dir you are in, and I think it would make things a lot more tidy and logical, if all those files went into a folder with the same name as the project being created.

Thanks
Gm

damvcoool wrote:

you should really do this will be really Usefull XD

One other thing that would be very helpful. If a 'current' DIR structure isn't implemented in editor, how about just 'load project' where it would default to a 'project' DIR which would increase effificency, which would be better than nothing for now, and have a prefs setting that would allow use to SET that directory of so desired.

I would be nice to be able to just add a Black/White image and make it into a HeighMap to create a terrain right from the editor, also it would be awesome to do the same but paining the black or white areas with predefined objects (like trees, rocks, grass)

I know this can be done via plugin, but it would nicer if this comes there by default.

Last edited by damvcoool (2013-05-14 20:09:06)