Re: Demo Project: Please come join us and make it fun!

sure, just doing it now smile

Um. I can't compile because apparently MWin32Window.cpp is full of chinese... but MScript compiled fine... so I'll just submit anyway?

Ok, so I reverted MWin32Window.cpp to the previous version, and compiled. It all worked fine. The new one seems to have some sort of incorrect BOM... for some reason assuming it was using wide characters when it wasn't, or something. I didn't submit the fix for this because, to be honest, I have no idea what's going on... But the script now has the pointer functions!

Good, thank you,
for pushPointer normally you should use lua_pushinteger instead of lua_pushnumber

There is a recurrent problem with MWin32Window, it's at least the third time I'm resending it because the encoding is wrong, now it seems to be also wrong for you... strange I don't understand the problem. Is it also wrong if you delete it and update it to be sure there is no merge ?

anael wrote:

Good, thank you,
for pushPointer normally you should use lua_pushinteger instead of lua_pushnumber

Oops, I copy/pasted wrong then, sorry. Fixed now

thanks smile

I just deleted and recreated MWin32Window.cpp, it should be ok now (I hope)
tell me if it's ok for you on windows.

Yep, seems to be fine now. I wonder what it is that keeps doing this. I think we had issues here with Notepad sticking a BOM at the beginning of files at one point...

Hello guys, i would like to be part of this project, i'm modeler. Tell me if i can help. thanks!

Sure! If you can jump on IRC we can get you set up smile

Oh thank you! I'd never used irc before, what the channel you're using?

Sorry for the delayed response.

We're over at #Maratis on freenode.
If you haven't got an IRC client installed, you can use a browser one

Nistur wrote:

So yeah, it was calling the function... but the lua state didn't realise there were any arguments to get from the stack...

Right. I've finally got around to testing the function calling in the new build (I think maybe we should move this conversation somewhere else...?) I'm now getting an error, trying to call number value or something. Which makes me think that maybe we're pushing onto the stack in the wrong order.

I'm looking at this incredibly long winded webpage (section "Arguments and Return Value")

lua_getglobal(L, "square");                 /* Tell it to run callfuncscript.lua->square() */
    lua_pushnumber(L, 6);                       /* Submit 6 as the argument to square() */
    if (lua_pcall(L, 1, 1, 0))                  /* Run function, !!! NRETURN=1 !!! */
    bail(L, "lua_pcall() failed");

whereas we are having to push first, then getglobal... I'm wondering if there's any nice way around this...

Hi, I made some sand textures wink :
http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/272524sandDiffuse.jpg

http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/300601sandNorm.jpg

Please, tell me what materials are needed wink

Nice textures, Alinor. smile

They can't be used as a tiled texture though, because of all the details in them.

Thanks Tottel wink

They can't be used as a tiled texture though, because of all the details in them.

Yes you are right, but I can very simply remove the rocks, that's not a problem wink