Re: Compilation problem on windows (original topic title : hideCursor)

I send a mail to skaiware that adapted scons and codeblocks to use cygwin if he could login in the forum to help,
as I'm not very confortable with scons and windows compilation (for the windows build I myself only use the visual studio 2005 sln).

same error in another pc with windows 7 installed everything freshly doesnt work there either

I updated svn to scons 2.2.0, it might corrects the bug you are having with visual studio 2010.
I corrected some minor bug and updated the visual studio projects for 2005 and 2010 (MLog code was not linked yet)

Let me know if it helped

its giving me more error in vs 2010 now ,such as  map directory not found & math.h not found both of this errors a lot of times !and no still same error with scons are everybody  else compiling it properly in windows ?

Maybe you can try this to force it to use your version : python scons.py MSVC_VERSION=10.0

I can build using visual studio 2005 from the project file and from scons,
but I will try to install a more recent version on another computer to test it

I commited a last attempt on svn to update scons so it works on msvc 2010...

Idk there is some kind of error with mlog now it was okay before when i compile with codeblocks it stops at m log file and scons still have the same problem and visual studio cannot find antything as stated above

let me be more precise
vs 2010 error which  came after mlog update
e:\maratis\trunk\dev\msdk\mcore\includes\MUtils.h(34): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'map': No such file or directory
1>  MVector3.cpp
this comes a lot of time in a alot of files

3>e:\maratis\3rdparty\bullet\linearmath\btScalar.h(26): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'math.h': No such file or directory
3>  btBroadphaseProxy.cpp
this too comes alot of time in different files

.\..\..\..\3rdparty\tinyxml\tinyxml.cpp(28): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'ctype.h': No such file or directory
3>  tinyxmlerror.cpp
this comes only 3 time
and then same error with stdio.h not found then map error come again and this shit goes on do you want a full error report
i think there has been some kind of directory change

Code blocks stops at M log

Cl not recognized with the scons

Last edited by Crucio777 (2012-11-16 07:22:40)

I'll just install visual studio 2010 express on another computer and test it there,
right now I don't know what can cause this, specially not finding the standard c/c++ libraries stdio, map and math...

i dont know that either i actually re downloaded the whole svn again to check it out and the problem still exists
eDIT

HEY By the way is the svn
size is 119 MB  &
Size on disk 129 MB
i want to make sure i have the full svn even though it shows that i am fully updated i just wanted to do an check big_smile

Last edited by Crucio777 (2012-11-16 19:52:03)

Any Sucess yet?
btw what are the steps to compile in a mac i have a mac for some days at my home i would like to compile in it !

Hi, I was gone in Paris yesterday so I didn't test yet.

For mac, there is scons (type python scons.py from a command line),
or there is the xcode projects (compile MCore, then MEngine, then Maratis)

scons thing doesnt work in it either it gives some weird errors ill try it again soon and i cant do the xcode stuff bcoz i have no idea how to so i will leave it out for a while ! anyway okay check it out whenever you have time big_smile
btw is the file size 129 MB of svn ?

(we could do a  quick skype chat on this subject as it is getting days for this conversation to move forward in this  forums becoz of our time zones i could put out little time to talk and finish this subject soon)

cool you sound visiting Paris so casual : P

Last edited by Crucio777 (2012-11-18 20:53:05)

Hello all
Sorry for the delay, just coming back from US.
The CodeBlocks project today works with Cygwin but perhaps works too with mingw but I did nt try.
The cygwin solution is the easier solution : it already includes some third parties, full pyhton, scons, gcc and maximizes linux compatibility.
The cygport version of cygwin is adviced :
http://sourceware.org/cygwinports/

If Anael is interested, we could even propose a prebuild package to the cygwin repository for easy installation and setup.
Regards
S.

Last edited by skaiware (2012-11-18 22:05:05)

A very tiny howto in the wiki :
http://wiki.maratis3d.org/index.php?tit … umentation
S.

Here it is, just updated svn (svn up) then relaunching 'python scons.py' and everything seems alright.

hey skiwaare i updated the svn and the same cl not recog for scons i am trying to  download that Cygwin and tell you how that works

hey that cyginport gives me error in download it says setup.ini error and in every link that is in the cygin
same error with visual studio as stated above some post

is it just me with compilation error in windows 7 ?

hey everybody atlast the error has gone away it was my fault as i didnt deleted the folder from another drive when i re installed it in c  i don't think so it was the fault from the start but it occured in the between
but what should i do next it has been compiled properly to prod and build folder how to actually make it in a exe i dont understand that in build doc
Thank you everybody

Nevermind about the above question just copied the bin outside and it was working , hey and the hide cursor thingy is working!

Last question on this topic coming back to the original question

anael wrote:

hum, I maybe found something, on windows the function "int WINAPI ShowCursor(_In_  BOOL bShow);"
doesn't work as expected. Apparently it stores a counter that count each time the function is called,
if the function ShowCursor(0) is called 10 times, to unhide it ShowCursor(1) needs to be called 10 times (not very usable),

I'll see what we can do to bypass it...

which file has the "int WINAPI ShowCursor(_In_  BOOL bShow);"  exactly anael ?

Last edited by Crucio777 (2012-11-25 17:42:06)

smile ha, very good !

All the windows specific code is in : trunk/dev/MSDK/MGui/Sources/WIN32/MWin32Window.cpp
The cursor visibility is in MWindow::hideCursor() and MWindow::showCursor()