Re: The Keepers of Radvdyn (Redwall/The Secret of NIMH inspired AA/RPG)

Really good models zester, great work. smile

I really like your models, too! smile

Almighty Laxz wrote:

Really good models zester, great work. smile

SadWolf wrote:

I really like your models, too! smile

Thanks guys I appreciate that wink

I did some extra work on the airship, Added better Rudders, Portholes, Rigging, Cargo Net, Anchor, ... I need to fix the porthole alignment and finish the cargo netting and add some cargo, and the cannons need there mounts. Then I will be able to start painting it.

http://i50.tinypic.com/2i795q8.png
http://i50.tinypic.com/119v1n4.png

Note to Self:

1. Look into how we can do rope physics.
    2. Look into using a fracture modifier on a mesh and physics to blow stuff up.
    3. Look into scripting Partical Effects using the physics engine.

Mostly done ran into a small problem with mapping the texture to my rigging and ladder, not a big issue ill take care of it later.

Anyways this is the ship of "Captan Sick Beard and His First Mate Pee", there the leaders of the Rotten Paw Pirates.

http://i46.tinypic.com/346qo08.png
http://i50.tinypic.com/5lxkyf.png

Last edited by zester (2013-01-09 23:10:04)

That's amazing!!!
I really like this! big_smile

SadWolf wrote:

That's amazing!!!
I really like this! big_smile

Thanks, once there cleaned up I will upload them to the wiki for you to use in your own project. If you need a custom paint job or model let me know. As long as you dont have any issues with whatever you request ending up on the wiki for others to use.

zester wrote:

If you need a custom paint job or model let me know.

Thanks for the offer smile

Scene: Raid a Cloverfield, Loose a Key!

Captan Sick Beard: PEE!!!! Mr PEE!!
First Mate Pee: Yeees Captan.
Captain Sick Beard: Tie down the Riggins and take her down, I smell mice and where there is mice there's.....
First Mate Pee: Treasure!
Captain Sick Beard: Thats right! TREASURE!!!

Narrator: As Captain Sick Beard and Mr Pee descend threw the clouds, the faint glow of lanterns and the slight sound of merry music can be heard from the Town of Clover.

Unfortantly for our mouse friends, who are emersed in the anual town festival they are completly unaware that the Rotten Paw Pirates are about to make a most unwelcome grand entrance.

Captain Sick Beard: Extinguish them Lanterns and Prepair the Harpoon Canons Mr Pee I am taking her in slow.
First Mate Pee: Yes Sir Captain

Narrator:
-----------------------

Description: The Town of Clover
The Town of Clover is a small farming community, and as you may already have guessed specializes in the farming of clover, But also raises a heard of Dung Beetles for there Delightful Taste and the Anual Dung Beetle Races.

The Town of Clover is inhabited primarly by Field Mice, and the occasional Hare(Rabbit).

-----------------------

In a previous scene our three main characters were attempting to retreave an object stolen from Mr Tobias by the Rotten Paw Pirates. This would be a good opertunity for our main characters to retreve that object and save the town. Then afterwards we could have the Dung Beetle races for an extra special prize and maybe aquire 3 new Dung Beetles for land transportation.

Note: Some extra mini games would be cool. Ring Toss, Archery Shoot, Dung Beetle Races, ...

Last edited by zester (2013-01-10 19:25:13)

I like the whole idea of your game. Played it now and I like the mouse.

gamemaker : if you have trouble with performance, please create a post in bug report and give some more details, your os etc, we'll try to track it down. In the meanwhile, try to reset your drivers if you changed your 3d card, as you know opengl is very sensitive. And to get the old version of maratis, in the download page, change "current downloads" by "deprecated downloads" and press "search".

OK, I am altering this post because I have performance that is more on par with what it should be ( back to 8800gtx for now!: crossing fingers, and what a headache).

I find the navigation method is very frustrating though in your game, but I look fwd to trying it out soon.

The moving forward is very difficult, because it seems based on gravity or something, instead of precise movement or mouse clicks ? I had a very tough time moving , so I gave up.

If it were me, I would def. use the sponzaFTP as a guide, as that has what I consider wonderful , clean fast navigation, which of course could easily be fitted with a 3rd person view if you prefer. Either way , much easier to move or so I thought anyway. Just FYI.

Cheers
Gm