Topic: Is Maratis development Dead?

Hi All,

I just wondered if the development of Maratis is dead?  I may have this wrong, but it seems like the last major amend to the software was last year???   It would a very sad to see.  I think the developer has made a wonderful job of an effective, no nonsense 3D game engine!  Maratis is great!!!!

I really hope the answer is no, and that this software has a longivity of life.

Many thanks for your time.

Re: Is Maratis development Dead?

Hi,

The binaries have not been updated on the downloads page for about a year, but the svn source code was updated last month.
So I would say it is still in active development. I personally run the current source compiled version 230. Happy to see another new user that loves Maratis.

You can see development progress here:
https://code.google.com/p/maratis/source/list
If you need a more current build of maratis:
http://wiki.maratis3d.org/index.php?tit … ng_Maratis

Hi and welcome !

The binaries have not been updated on the downloads page for about a year, but the svn source code was updated last month.

yes, the binaries should really be updated, I'll try to do something soon, the new experimental branch for the future version of Maratis was more work than I taught, with a lot of code rewrite.

Thanks!  That's great news!  I have played around with many of the 3D game engines and each one has been a major disappoint to me.  I did a recent search for something new, and Maratis came up, and I thought it might be worthy of a try.  Straight away I was impressed by it's simplicity!

In terms of background I am a Landscape Architect and urban designer based normally in the UAE (Dubai and Abu Dhabi).  I'm looking for a very simple engine that I can give to a client and say:  "go for a spin and tell me if we are on the right track!"

I'm not quite ready to do any postings, but I hope to share when I have learnt more of the fundamentals to build all.

I really think you have something very special here.  It would be sad to see it flounder!  Just try and provide water into the equation, since I will have a hard time to convince clients without some type of water feature (lakes, ponds etc) element.
I'm assuming with the particles it is theoretically possible, but I have yet to see an example on the forums.  (If I'm missing something here, please direct me to the right place).

Many kind thanks for your efforts.  I will check out the SVN.