Topic: Engine Started win8.1

Maratis ran after windows 8 updated to 8.1... which seem to indicate, not a problem with the graphics card, but system settings probably were messed up.
I'll know for sure by next year when I revert back to windows 8. In the mean time I get to take Maratis for a spin.
Sorry to have alarmed anyone. Again, thanks for all the help.

Re: Engine Started win8.1

Glad to hear everything worked out! I was worried that there might have been an OpenGL issue, but I guess that wasn't the case.

Let us know what you think of Maratis! smile

good to hear,
thank you for the update, there is so many hardware and software today...
I hope you will like Maratis.
See you around smile

I'm sorry I have to bring this up again.
I don't get it.
This is interesting.
I started with a clean windows 8, and Maratis is crashing again.
What is it that's missing from 8 on my system that prevents it running, whereas it runs on 8.1 on the same system?
Is it only me, or is any other windows 8 user having the same problem?
Does anyone have any ideas about this?

I know some might say, Why don't you stick with 8.1? Problem Solved.
However, that doesn't fix the problem, it merely bypasses it. Besides, I have good reasons for not wanting to use 8.1.
Any ideas why this might happen, anyone?

Most probably, windows 8.1 corrects a bug in windows 8.

Could be related to OpenGL, but it's hard to say without a error message, it could be virtually anything.
What you can try owever is to compile Maratis in Debug mode.

Sorry to have alarmed anyone.I'll know for sure by next year when I revert back to windows 8. In the mean time I get to take Maratis for a spin.
Again, thanks for all the help.

Translation services uk

Last edited by Ansel (2014-11-17 10:54:29)

???

Sorry to have alarmed anyone.I'll know for sure by next year when I revert back to windows 8. In the mean time I get to take Maratis for a spin.
Again, thanks for all the help.

Welcome Ansel. Apparently next year came sooner than it is due, for obvious reasons. lol

Could be related to OpenGL

Ansel, I think you are right. After sleeping on it, I figured it must be related to drivers which 8.1 installed, related to graphics. My first thought was directx, but I had that installed on 8, so I  figured it must be OpenGL.
I'm going to see if I can fix it.

Ansel, I think you are right.

Oops. Hue mistake. That should be : anael, I think you are right.

Typos, typos...
Ok, I did everything possible to fix the graphics driver on 8, but it's not allowing me to update.
Which means I am going to have to consider updating to 8.1 if I'm going to be using Maratis [choke sad ]. Anyways, that I believe is the end of this story. Thanks