ERROR OpenGL : unable to compile shader

and all I get is a grey screen. I'm using intel i915 drivers on Debian. The example works just fine in my desktop machine with a geforce 8600GT card.

Does anyone know what could be causing it? I'm using latest Mesa version. I also tried 7.10.2 with no luck. Maybe is something obvious, I'm just a newbie in this area.

Re: ERROR OpenGL : unable to compile shader

it says GL_VERSION version 1.4,
shaders are only available on openGL 2.0 and plus,

or your card is not compatible opengl 2.0 or the drivers.
It's hard sometime to find the good drivers for linux, if you have an nvidia, there is sometime vendor drivers (but not always up to date with recent linux (it's my problem on my home linux))

you are right! I just focused on Mesa because it was giving me some other errors on 7.10.2 (then I upgraded it). But yeah, nothing to worry about anyway, I was just trying to run the demo in my netbook. I'll just keep experimenting in my desktop machine.

Thanks for your quick reply!

Normally, you should be able to use the fixed renderer, but as ManualUse is hard coded, you have to modify the code a bit, and the rendering will be without shaders.

in the code of ManualUse replace MStandardRenderer by MFixedRenderer (im not sure if all the headers are there but it's basically that)