Topic: running on an iPad Mini

I'm trying to get Maratis running on iOS. I've opened the project in the iPhonePublishing branch and run it in XCode in the simulator and an iPad Mini device.

In the simulator I just get a magenta screen, and on the iPad Mini, just a black screen.

There are no errors. I have XCode 4.5.2 an iOS 6

Has anyone got this working?

Re: running on an iPad Mini

Hi,

I have it running on simulator 4.3 with xcode 3.2.6.

Can you check if the files in the Ressources are not broken ?
It should have the Demo project with the maps/ meshs/ etc

There was a discussion about the Reference acting weird on this post : http://forum.maratis3d.com/viewtopic.php?id=66&p=2

It works as it on my machine but for someone else the Ressource had to be removed and re-imported to the project (don't know why exactly).

EDIT : I don't know if it will change something, but I updated the ios xcode project on svn to use a folder reference for the Ressources instead of groups.

Thanks for the prompt reply

This was exactly the problem. Xcode was copying the resources without retaining the folder structure. Re-importing using folder references fixed the problem.

All working fine now. Thanks

Great job with Maratis, by the way.

cool, thanks.

I hope the svn version will now be ok for new users.

Just thought I'd let you know that dynamic shadows don't quite work correctly when you deploy to an actual device (It looks fine in the simulator.

shadowBias 1
shadowBlur 0.25
shadowQuality 512

ipad-mini-shadows

Thanks, I don't have a device to test, there is probably something to setup with the depth texture mode. There is maybe a special extension to use.

I'm thinking to something, open "MiOSStandardRenderer.cpp"

int the function "MStandardRenderer::createShadowLight(MOLight * light)"

there is two lines like that :
render->texImage(0, shadowQuality, shadowQuality, M_UINT, M_DEPTH, 0);

can you try by replacing M_UINT by M_USHORT in case the hardware only supports 16bits depth texture ?

If it works I will update it on svn.

Apple devices are strange.....but I guess this is the way things are going.  I know on my Unity projects. I don't even attempt going apple or ios, I have better kluck doing stuff for windows, ;linux and android.....