Topic: My second game. A spacecraft game

http://www.uploadmb.com/dw.php?id=1359914134

So it's my second time out and this time it's a space-game which is heavily inspired on the upcoming 0x10c, I will love it. I'm sure. 0x10c seems promising!

Anyway, I have put the controls inside of the game folder and there's more instructions in-game. Just go inside the craft. wink

Pär

Re: My second game. A spacecraft game

You should warn people so they don't waste their time, that this doesn't run inside Editor as your other game does, meaning you run  a batch file.

I tried running batch file therefore, and all I get is a all black screen, and when I click the mouse , it makes a weapons fire noise.

I tried to exit game, but was unable to, I suppose because I could not see anything on the screen (hm).

All other maratis games and commercial games work just fine here.

I look forward to trying it though wink

Good job, keep up the good work wink

Gm

http://www.uploadmb.com/dw.php?id=1359924103 For you guys, it's the maratis editor version of my space game.

I am still getting a very laggy in -editor experience, and game itself is VERY laggy.

I can't explain why, just is.

I hope others try it and let us know, and please if you do,verify your system specs and what version Maratis you are playing.

I can play Diablo 3 just perfectly fine with others online. TO get best experience I turn off shadows as this current HD 4670 is a tad weak compared to my 8800gtx that died recently. Still Diablo poses no threat short of shadows,so I doubt this lag is me.

thx
Gm

really like it so far but tough to navigate
I sugest you have some type of map
not too detailed but enough so that you know~ where you are

EDIT: it maybe just me cuz i Have to use the fixed renderer so I might be easier to nav in standered

Last edited by Rapdorian (2013-02-04 00:02:32)

So here is my implemented map version: http://www.uploadmb.com/dw.php?id=1360001827 Have a blast! smile

Last edited by Pär (2013-02-04 18:55:42)

Very nice
I like it it stays with the theme wile adding visual functionality

Thanks. smile

OK so, I have my 8800gtx back in system for now ( hope I fixed the issues!),and now editor and projects are all working fine and smooth.

Having said that though, the red cube in your spacecraft game, seems to say something,but Ican't read any of it because I am too far above the floor due to gravity LOL

How do I come back down to progress ? wink

Yes, its very difficult to navigate, given the red cube isn't giving any up/down or gravity help ?

Good job so far, hope you continue with it wink

I honestly think though, that the 'end of weapon' isn't very immersive, and if it were me I would go 3rd preson to give a little bit of help there,though I realize time may have played a role in you making that part simple for now.

later
gm

I love your feedback. Its helpful.

Controls are in the same folder as the game, where it reads that space (when out of pilot mode) ascend you up and left control takes you down. smile

Pär

Also I'm curious, If I wanted to test how much it takes to play my game, like hard-ware wise or what cpu-load it makes where can I do that? Is there a certain program?

Pär

I'm also interested in testing for requirements. What ever build I make either see CPU usage of 50% or 100%, never lower or in between, and some of those scene had just a camera in them. I did find out that the engine is real-time, but its kind of hard to gauge requirements. Is the engine CPU heavy? GPU heavy? or is it setup to take advantage of all processing power regardless?
It would be nice if in the editor there was a frame counter that showed initial performance to give an idea what is capable with your hardware, similar to what the CryEngine does.