Topic: Editor Problems

sorry for the double post but I saw someone asked on about the high cpu usage as well but that was from over a year ago so I was just wondering if that little problem was being looked at? I also tried the particles demo and at first it looked fine but after I tapped space a few times in succession Maratis crashed :{..
Just as a side note I don't have a high end system. I'm on a pc that's about 6 years old, so don't know if there are any requirements? The documentation is also a little behind it looks like, if you need someone to maintain it I would be glad to contribute. And just out of curiosity why does only the spotlight have shadows.

Sorry if it seems like I was just running on like a school nerd, but when your excite for something you cant help it.

Last edited by vonflyhighace2 (2013-02-16 04:48:14)

Re: Editor Problems

Hi,
welcome to the forum,

the cpu usage is lower when the application is not used (if out of focus),
but for a real time 3d engine it is normal that the cpu is used a lot.

The particle demo uses physics so it might be a little slow on a old computer,
try to reduce the number of particles in the script for your pc.

The requirement is not specially high (5-6 years old pc should be ok),
but to get all the features you will need a 3d card with minimum OpenGL 2.1
and a processor with SSE2 instructions.

Only spot-lights have shadows because the engine is using a technique called "shadow map"
that works only with a camera point of vue. Omnidirectional shadows could be done, but needs 6 shadow maps.

Did not realize it was real-time nice feature. I do have a problem with zooming though. using the mouse wheel yields nothing and I do realize that the version I have 3.21 is beta so maybe that's something that's a bug? I'm on Win 7 x64. Don't know if anyone else has this problem. Just to be clear all is needed to zoom is the mouse wheel right?

yes zoomin is done using the mouse wheel,
is your mouse wheel like this :

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/_base_v1//products/wheel-mouse-optical/mk_wmowht_ci.jpg

I don't know windows 7, maybe check is the mouse settings are correct