Topic: Future of Maratis

So just wanted to ask what Kind of features are planned/will be exectued someday for maratis (probably this year) .
Edit :- corrected my  stupid english

Last edited by Crucio777 (2013-05-11 21:00:49)

Re: Future of Maratis

One thing that would be good is a system to create behavior more easily, or using a c++ just in time compiler integrated to Maratis (or at least a system building a dynamic library automatically from c++ code), or/and to create behaviors in lua (will need luaJit for speed).

An Android port along with a better publishing process,
the editor need some improvements from users feedbacks, better menus and ergonomy, user preferences etc.

Otherwise I think the engine is basically self sufficient for people not afraid to use a bit of c++.

Of course there is a lot of work in the code, I started refactoring the GUI system to make it safe to be accessed from a plugin, and I'd like to re-organize the code structure and the building system.

What Maratis is missing the most is more games showing what it is capable of, it would be nice to create open game projects like blender did with Yo-Frankie.

Another major problem I see in future is the lack of C++ documentation. There is almost none in the wiki and manually reading the whole engine code is very time consuming.

Sponk

yes documentation is number one on the list, I didn't find the time or the ressources yet, help is welcome if a good soul is passing by smile

yeah c++ code documentation is a must i try to read the code and understand it all the time but always get into some kind of trouble neutral if the code documentation is completed i may be able to fiddle around it a little more and understand it Someday big_smile
i would  have offered my help for c++ code documentation but i don't understand it  that much sad  .

About Open Game Project thingy -> yeah that would be cool that could interest more people out there As soon as i understand the C++ code and add more to it (Something usefull) . i can do a small project that will open sourced so people can add in or someone else can start it and i can surely give some help smile.

Ya I would be more than happy to work on a open source game.

haven't fiddled around in the C++ yet (I know the basics of C++)

It's funny, what with everybody talking about C++, but what I want is more Lua scripting.  I think that the best thing to do (for Lua and C++) would be to have more documentation on the wiki.  I plan to help on that as soon as I start to be comfortable with the scripting.  But it's silly that there are red links on the pages for basic functions.  Hopefully the docs can get even better, as that seems to me to be the biggest problem.

EDIT:
It seems that I cannot edit the wiki.  Do I need to request an account or something?

Last edited by Nsmurf (2013-05-16 01:15:48)

Nsmurf > yes tell me if you want an account it's on request (spam prevention)