Topic: New and have some question

Hi, I'm new here. I play and learn how to make game as hobby. Been using Unity for few months, migrated to Linux and find this. So far it is simple and amazing. Thanks for this great application

I'm currently making a basic fps controller, based on Sponza example. I got a weird bug though. Sometimes, mouse look stutters. I basically don't change anything related to mouse in Sponza, so far I just add some feet collider to check if I'm on ground, jump mechanic, and walk-run-sprint movement speed. Anyone know why is is happening and how to fix it?

[Edit]

I manage to solve the stutter problem. It seems calling centerCursor() every update cause it, so I call centerCursor only if mouse axis lower or higher than a certain value.

Last edited by penguinroad (2013-07-16 04:00:05)

Re: New and have some question

Hi, welcome !

Yes, centerCursor can react differently on different machines,
it can also depend if you are using screen-sync.

Thanks. It's nice to know I get the fix right.
I'm gonna learn some more.
I hope you guys don't mind me asking if I have question

Thanks smile

penguinroad wrote:

Thanks. It's nice to know I get the fix right.
I'm gonna learn some more.
I hope you guys don't mind me asking if I have question

Thanks smile

Aren't you used to nice people who don't mind ( and hope for it !) you asking questions, and indeed expect it , given' this is a
programming forum ? Where have you been that you think otherwise, Im actually kinda curious wink

welcome ,and keep them coming!

Cheers
hs

Heyho!

penguinroad: What desktop environment are you using?

I'm only experiencing this mouse-lag problem when using GNOME3. I tested it with KDE 4.9 and LXDE on openSUSE and the sponzaFPS example worked fine on both.

The problem could be about GNOMEs compositing manager (Mutter as far as I know). I don't know what we could possibly do about it.

Sponk

I'm on Bodhi Linux, so Enlightment / lxde
My work around is to skip mouse input for 1 loop to center it when it almost reach end of screen.
It works fine and I think it is acceptable work around as I can't feel the difference

It is good as long as it works smile