Topic: 3rd Person Customizable Game

This is a customizable Maratis game. It is a park scene with a rigged base mesh.

I don't know how to rig clothes yet, so it is just the base mesh. When I have a rigged mesh with clothes I will change the file.

No anatomy on the mesh.

PunBB bbcode test

DOWNLOAD:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/n23p3yi5t46pv … isBase.zip

Last edited by Tutorial Doctor (2013-09-04 01:10:44)

Re: 3rd Person Customizable Game

Nice start though some odd design in shrubbery :)heh < but original wink)))

To me at least, and many opinions will widely vary, I would have stayed with the much more stable SPonza movement instead of this method, as I find it very uncomfortable and not exacting.  Games should be fun not a bit of a task, and I would make sure to note Im not referring to having to go 1st vs 3rd , but just that using the 'camera' to move vs the character makes a lot more sense. It's what WoW uses, and its feels very sharp. I'ts fine to do what you've done, but I would leave it up to the player to decide with settings.

Please accept this with the intent it was delivered, to improve what you have wink

Im excited to see more.

Cheers
hs

heartseed wrote:

Nice start though some odd design in shrubbery :)heh < but original wink)))

To me at least, and many opinions will widely vary, I would have stayed with the much more stable SPonza movement instead of this method, as I find it very uncomfortable and no exacting.  Games should be fun not a bit of a task wink

Please accept this with the intent it was delivered, to improve what you have wink

Im excited to see more.

Cheers
hs

Hehe. The park scene is just a 3d warehouse model which used flat planes for the shrubs. I am actually glad the flat planes imported well into Maratis (I will use that technique to create grass later on).

The movement system is just the foundation for now (wanted to get things moving) I will be editing it and fine-tuning it over time. I also need to rename my variables and organize the script a bit. Then I will make a tutorial on how to use it.

Trying to import some BVH files into blender to get better animations. And I think I will play a 3rd person game to get some ideas.

Thanks for commenting heartseed!

Added a Skybox