Topic: SimpleGamePlugin

Hi,

I trying to compile the project SimpleGamePlugin in Visual Studio 2008 and when I click build:

1>------ Build started: Project: Game, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>Compiling...
1>MyBehavior.cpp
1>c:\users\rodolfo\desktop\simplegameplugin\simplegameplugin\_gameplugin\sources\mybehavior.h(11) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'MEngine.h': No such file or directory
1>MyGame.cpp
1>c:\users\rodolfo\desktop\simplegameplugin\simplegameplugin\_gameplugin\sources\mygame.h(11) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'MEngine.h': No such file or directory
1>SimpleGamePlugin.cpp
1>c:\users\rodolfo\desktop\simplegameplugin\simplegameplugin\_gameplugin\sources\mygame.h(11) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'MEngine.h': No such file or directory
1>Generating Code...
1>Build log was saved at "file://c:\Users\Rodolfo\Desktop\SimpleGamePlugin\SimpleGamePlugin\_GamePlugin\_VisualCPP\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
1>Game - 3 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

And I put the MEngine.h in the folder. What's the problem?

Re: SimpleGamePlugin

Hi,
first don't put MEngine.h or anything in the folder.

Your problem is that the visual project is not finding the paths.
If you want it to work without changing the paths, just unzip SimpleGamePlugin in "Maratis install path"/Examples/
it should work by default.

If you want to use a different folder, open the visual project settings, and change the additional include paths
and the additional library path to link to "Maratis install path"/SDK/MCore/Includes, "Maratis install path"/SDK/MEngine/Includes etc

thanks anael, but now I got another error:

1>Compiling...
1>MyBehavior.cpp
1>MyGame.cpp
1>SimpleGamePlugin.cpp
1>Generating Code...
1>Linking...
1>LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'MCore.lib'
1>Build log was saved at "file://c:\Users\Rodolfo\Desktop\Maratis-3.02b-win32\Examples\SimpleGamePlugin\SimpleGamePlugin\_GamePlugin\_VisualCPP\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
1>Game - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Rebuild All: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========

the compilator is not finding MCore.lib,

I see you are using :
c:\Users\Rodolfo\Desktop\Maratis-3.02b-win32\Examples\SimpleGamePlugin\SimpleGamePlugin\

There is 2 times the repertory "SimpleGamePlugin"
try to use : c:\Users\Rodolfo\Desktop\Maratis-3.02b-win32\Examples\SimpleGamePlugin\

Or if you want to use a different repertory, just modify the additional path in the project settings.

You were right was just remove the second "\SimpleGamePlugin" of the path that worked. Thank you again.