Topic: Difficult to use Maratis on Mac

It could be that I'm still new to how macs work, but it seems more difficult to use maratis on a Mac.

For one, I can't get .proj files to open with maratis without the error I posted about a while ago. Also TextEdit keeps saying the lua files don't have permission, even though I set Smultron to the default program to open lua files with.

Also, Maratis really needs a way to set a default folder for searching for maratis files instead of the root directory.

Perhaps it's just me though.

Re: Difficult to use Maratis on Mac

Tutorial Doctor wrote:

It could be that I'm still new to how macs work, but it seems more difficult to use maratis on a Mac.

For one, I can't get .proj files to open with maratis without the error I posted about a while ago. Also TextEdit keeps saying the lua files don't have permission, even though I set Smultron to the default program to open lua files with.

Also, Maratis really needs a way to set a default folder for searching for maratis files instead of the root directory.

Perhaps it's just me though.

Hi td, and its NOT just you at all, I've been asking for that, for ages.

It's annoying no end, to  be forced to goto root, instead of having 'most used' folders. It's such a commonly used thing.

I guess adding it isn't going to be terribly difficult, but time, as for most Im sure isn't on my side atm, plus it would prob . take someone more experienced than I, in c++.

later
vd