Topic: Help!!! Can't open Maratis

Basically, I've done everything you've said in the getting started. Though it's just a simple extract, I'm having problems with it.

So I opened Maratis.exe and it started up well, almost like blender (if i might say)

But when I click on the viewport it doesn't respond, everything except the mesh button doesn't respond.

When I click the mesh button, the viewport doesn't update.

When maximizing the window, the window turns black.

Then, I couldn't close Maratis directly from its close button but from closing the python console.

I even opened MaratisPlayer.exe and it shows blank.

Please help, cause I really want to start indie game making with this tool. The way I see it, it functions almost like the Sandbox Editor in Crysis.

Advanced thank you!

Last edited by siegmyth (2011-02-05 13:15:18)

Re: Help!!! Can't open Maratis

Ok, thanks for the report,
What quind of pc/3d card do you use ?
Is the console window showing something ?

For the close button, yes I disabled it in the editor to avoid closing accident,
you need to do File >Quit (if you can access it) or CTRL+Q.

For MaratisPlayer.exe, it's normal if it's black, it is used with a command line to specify a project to open,
for exemple try running this :

Examples/WaterGameDemo/runWithPlayer.bat

Maybe try to update your 3d card drivers, it worked for someone else.
I will move the topic to "bug report" after some time.

okay, it was fixed, thanks!

By the way, this engine is great!!!

Oh, and I'm using NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250. I have a few questions:

- are there tutorials on plugins?
- do I have to submit whatever plugin created here?

Ok, good if it's in fact working,

I'm tring to find time and support to make some tutorials, for now you can look at "WaterGameDemo" exemple,
it is creating fish MBehavior and custom MGame class that are apeiring in Maratis (you can change the fish speed from editor for ex).

If you create plugins, you can share it in the forum if you want, it's really good if you do but you are not forced.

hi the problem is that I do not know who is packed in a zip file or a damaged or simply unable to open the mapa've downloaded. still open to lifting the ban but would not unpack. version 3.01 for win 32.

writes a table that is invalid or corrupted.