Topic: Hardware problem

Hi, i have some big problems with my video card, im asking here fast in case someone know what to do.

For the story, it started with nvlddmkm.sys poping up and following with black screens, blue screens, and red/green dots/lines everywhere.

I used the pc for a while with the graphical card turned off but today.. blue lines & dot appears even
with GC turned off so i'm out of luck.

I plan to switch my current video card Nvidia GeForce 8800GTX (the cursed series..)
With another one from my old PC, wich must be like 10+ years old.

The question is : Will it works, or will it blow everything up ?
what should i check before doing this ?
and even if it works, will i be able to do 3d stuff with an outdated card ?

Re: Hardware problem

Vegas wrote:

Hi, i have some big problems with my video card, im asking here fast in case someone know what to do.

For the story, it started with nvlddmkm.sys poping up and following with black screens, blue screens, and red/green dots/lines everywhere.

I used the pc for a while with the graphical card turned off but today.. blue lines & dot appears even
with GC turned off so i'm out of luck.

I plan to switch my current video card Nvidia GeForce 8800GTX (the cursed series..)
With another one from my old PC, wich must be like 10+ years old.

The question is : Will it works, or will it blow everything up ?
what should i check before doing this ?
and even if it works, will i be able to do 3d stuff with an outdated card ?

Depend's on what gfx card/operating system and what features of Maratis you are using.

Re: Hardware problem

I'm on Vista Ultimate 32 bit.
Can switch on XP if needed

Its probably not useful but here's a screen of what the old card looks like, more or less
http://kraftsound.com/oscommerce_st/cat … 824660b938

I can't find exactly what card it is, there is like 10.000 differents cards from nvidia

Ps. For now, blue lines goes away after like 15min, so i can still use the pc but these problems always go worse with time so.. if i suddently vanish you know what's going on >.>