Topic: Blender Real-time Exporter

I think this is what maratis exporter need but more robust.
http://sketchesofcode.wordpress.com/201 … e-version/

Re: Blender Real-time Exporter

I only found this post because a spam comment pushed it to the top. I realise it's pretty old now, but I just thought I would put my thoughts down too. As it stands, the current design of Maratis wouldn't allow something like this at all. It would require significantly more complexity to be added to the base system and I'm sure that everyone, especially Anael, would prefer a simple, stable engine rather than a bloated one with random features.

That's not to say that this wouldn't be very cool. It definitely would. However, I think there would be a better solution than that blender real-time exporter. If you have a look at the tools that Eskil Steenberg wrote to make his semi-mmo game "Love". His tools are all open source and freely available and use the Verse protocol.

Again, to add this to the main engine code would be a strain on the design, however, when the plugin system is set up again, might be a candidate for that. Not that I have time to do this, but I thought I would just put the information down in case someone else was interested in picking this up. smile

Last edited by Nistur (2012-02-25 10:14:40)

Re: Blender Real-time Exporter

I think the blender export plugin could be improved to be able to do something more "realtime", for now it only export the selected objects when you press "export".

In python we could catch some interesting Blender events, like file saving or scene modification to automatically export the meshs of the scene using object names or layers.