Topic: TinyXML 2.6.2 not compatible with MaratisPlayer?

I'm trying to compile Maratis (Core, Engine, Player) with MinGW, but it seems the latest TinyXML is different than the version used in MaratisPlayer:

C:\lib\Maratis-3.02-sources\Maratis\Common\MFileManager\MLevelLoad.cpp||In function 'void readLightProperties(TiXmlElement*, MOLight*)':|
C:\lib\Maratis-3.02-sources\Maratis\Common\MFileManager\MLevelLoad.cpp|341|error: 'class TiXmlElement' has no member named 'QueryUIntAttribute'|
C:\lib\Maratis-3.02-sources\Maratis\Common\MFileManager\MLevelLoad.cpp||In function 'bool M_loadLevel(const char*, void*, bool)':|
C:\lib\Maratis-3.02-sources\Maratis\Common\MFileManager\MLevelLoad.cpp|529|error: 'class TiXmlElement' has no member named 'QueryUIntAttribute'|
C:\lib\Maratis-3.02-sources\Maratis\Common\MFileManager\MLevelLoad.cpp|704|error: 'class TiXmlElement' has no member named 'QueryUIntAttribute'|
||=== Build finished: 3 errors, 0 warnings ===|

Last edited by Lumooja (2012-03-07 11:09:07)

Re: TinyXML 2.6.2 not compatible with MaratisPlayer?

Ah, I found in some other post that Maratis uses a custom TinyXML version, now I got it to compile TinyXML without errors, using this version:
http://code.google.com/p/maratis/source … y/tinyxml/

Now I got everything compiled with Code::Blocks and MinGW: Core, Engine, Player, Editor.
Looks like the easiest way to start writing a game in C++ is to use MaratisPlayer source and add there all game related stuff.
This is a great engine, and source code is incredibly clean and well written, thanks anael!

Last edited by Lumooja (2012-03-09 10:24:18)

smile

thank you for using it !