Topic: Maratis is not playing ogg on Mac OSX

Hi.
When I play .ogg files with Maratis-3.02b-OSX on Mac OSX 10.6.8. I get no sound. I can play a wav or aiff in the same play-test, and it sounds OK. I get no errors (or at least I don't see them), and I can play ogg in any other media player.

When I try ogg on Linux, Maratis-3.02cBeta-Linux_x86-32 plays the ogg only when "loop" is checked. Is the need to check "loop" intended or a bug?

Well, the thing is that Maratis is not playing ogg on Mac OSX, how could I solve this?

Thanks, keep doing awesome.

Last edited by Arturok (2012-05-04 23:04:30)

Re: Maratis is not playing ogg on Mac OSX

Hi,

I'll try to test it when I have some time, is your ogg sound 16bits ? mono or stereo ?
It's possible that the sound library used in the linux build is more recent than the mac one.

About the "loop", in Maratis sounds are stopped by default except if they are looping.
For non-looping sounds, you need to use a script command to play it (see "playSound" function).

Re: Maratis is not playing ogg on Mac OSX

Stereo, 16-bit, 44100 Hz. 15 seconds long.

All the tests on Mac OSX were made with the playSound function. The Linux tests were not, wich explains what happened when testing on Linux. I thought there was a script calling the playSound function in WaterGameDemo too. So I just changed the wav there for the ogg. But I just saw it has no script in the scene in the water demo. Now I know we can play sound by just getting a looping sound in the scene.