Topic: Organization

I have a many questions as I am new to Maratis. When I first launched Maratis it was very simple to use and very user friendly. But there are some things I am unable to understand.

First of all I want to know if im able to orgnize my scripts by having each script run a certain function or statement. I cant figure out how to add two different scripts into the same scene.

If it is not possible to do so, can you run a script from a certain location on your computer?

I used Lua in a previous game engine and it was very much updated due to it have been up since 2006. Although that is not a problem on Maratis since you can script your own Lua functions using C++ which is quite resourceful. I do not know C++ and wat version of C++ Maratis3D uses. I've only scripted in Lua and Java so a link to a wiki would be very appreciated.

My last question is defining variables in Lua. That way I used to do it was by simply typing in
ThisBoolValue = true
CakeNumber = 5
StringsAreEpi =

Re: Organization

StringsAreEpic = "Hello World"
Woops maxed out the characters there.

P.S.
Is there a console/Output I could use to check for errors?

Re: Organization

Hi and welcome,

first, to use multiple lua scripts, you can use "dofile("customFunctions.lua")" to include other script.

To check error if you are on windows there is a console window opening with Maratis,
if you are on mac or linux, launch Maratis from a command line.

Variables are the standard lua variables, like you used to do before.