Topic: Having trouble compiling and running Maratis on Ubuntu

Hello,
I am new to Maratis and Ubuntu for that matter, and I am trying to get the maratis editor to run under Ubuntu 12.04. However, whenever I click on the MaratisEditor nothing happens.

Alternatively, I tried to compile the engine, and can not get pas this error:

/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /home/cp/maratis-read-only/3rdparty/openal/linux/libopenal.so when searching for -lopenal
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /home/cp/maratis-read-only/3rdparty/libsndfile/linux/libsndfile.so when searching for -lsndfile
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /home/cp/maratis-read-only/3rdparty/libsndfile/linux/libsndfile.a when searching for -lsndfile
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lsndfile
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
scons: *** [build/linux2/release/Examples/ManualUse/ManualUse] Error 1
scons: building terminated because of errors.

I have been doing some research about the dependencies but I believe i've missed something. I'm really not sure what.

Re: Having trouble compiling and running Maratis on Ubuntu

Ok! I solved this. I was missing the dev version of libsndfile1.

sudo apt-get install libsndfile1-dev

That solved it.

However, the application still doesn't run.

I have tried running the application through the terminal to see if I can get an error but I don't belive i'm doing this right:

cd Maratis/Bin
MaratisEditor
MaratisEditor: command not found

Last edited by Redshft (2012-07-27 18:53:59)

Hi, welcome,
did you first tried the linux build version and it doesn't start ?

After compiling, check that you look into the "prod/" folder (the "build/" folder is just raw)
And to run from the command line I believe you have to type "./MaratisEditor"

Hi,
I looked in the prod/ folder. Both of those exe files run just fine. Thanks for the tip for running from the command line.

The downloaded version of Maratis still didn't run. After typing ./MaratisEditor i'm getting No such file or directory.

I'm not sure if there's something that i'm still doing wrong with that.

So is your compiled version in prod/ working ?
With linux it's not easy to provide a fully compatible binary so it's possible that the downloaded version doesn't work everywhere...

Yes, the compiled version is working. Thank you for the help.