Topic: Maratis 3.1 beta test

Hi,
it's time to test a new version of Maratis, fresh from svn :

You can find builds for windows, mac and linux here :
http://code.google.com/p/maratis/downloads/list

Here are the new features !

Editor :

- File packing system and automatic publish button (File > Publish Project) : thanks to Nistur !
- Object list selection and custom shortcut : by Mario Pispek
- Focus selection ('F' key), parent field (transform tab) : by Sergey Pershin
- Faster loading when published
- General Bug correction and improvement

SDK :

- Behavior drawing in-game / in-editor and M_VARIABLE_TEXTURE_REF variable
- Physics rayHit and multiple collision test
- Camera scene layer system and render to texture system

Script :

- rayHit
- quit, to quit the game from script
- getScene
- getObject modified to access other scenes
- getClone to clone objects from script
- enableCameraLayer and disableCameraLayer
- enableRenderToTexture and disableRenderToTexture

Thanks to everybody for the forum moderation, the patchs, the documentation and more.

Please let us know if the builds are working and I will publish the news on Maratis front page !
[EDIT] For the bugs, lets use the issues system on google code : http://code.google.com/p/maratis/issues/list

smile

Anaël.

Re: Maratis 3.1 beta test

Suh-weet! big_smile

Both Windows and Linux versions work great for me smile

Great smile
for me everything works perfectly fine (Windows version)

Build 3.1 Bug #1 tongue Apparently I forgot to package the shader directory wink I'll fix this and submit it tomorrow

Nistur wrote:

Build 3.1 Bug #1 tongue Apparently I forgot to package the shader directory wink I'll fix this and submit it tomorrow

Ignore this, I was just trying to load the file before the package was loaded. Silly me

Build 3.1 Bug #2 smile

When you load a project and publish, it will create the published folder and files just fine. But when you load in a different project afterwards, and publish again, it will keep putting the files in the first project dir, not the current.

Yes.. it also seems to be broken on mac, the published app is not working, it's strange because it worked on linux... damn...

it will keep putting the files in the first project dir, not the current.

I found, my fault...

For the mac problem it's a bit of a mess, the xcode app and the scons app don't have the same structure...

Ok, corrected in svn !
sleep now...

I got a little problem with file open. It is only browsing the c directory. I am getting unable to change the directory.

Regards.

EDIT: OK, found it.

Last edited by Arclord (2012-08-06 07:45:42)

Will the fixed publishing mac version be compiled and put onto the download page?

Hi, yes I'll try to rebuild everything for tonight,
please give use feedback if something else need to be fixed

Done ! The news builds are on the download page,
and in bonus, with a lower CPU usage smile

Seems like the Linux version doesn't hide the mouse when playing. Is this some change that I need to know about or maybe a bug?

actually the mouse only hide in fullscreen mode

Is there a good reason for this? It's kind of good to be able to run your game in windowed mode too, for many. Including when developing smile

*EDIT*

Anyways it would be really nice to have the ability to do mouseVisible(false) in a Lua script!

Last edited by BitPuffin (2012-08-06 22:43:25)

BitPuffin wrote:

Anyways it would be really nice to have the ability to do mouseVisible(false) in a Lua script!

I am also missing this function smile.

EDIT: The new built is running very slowly here ( windows  XP ). But the previous one was ok, which I downloaded yesterday.

anael wrote:

Maybe a function to get the mouse position in the 3d world (to use it as a rayHit),

It would be nice, if you would add this in script smile.
Is it possible to use mask to detect rayHit other then object?

Regards.

Last edited by Arclord (2012-08-07 07:50:03)

Mac publishing seems to work fine now, I have just noticed a bug or something though. Both in the editor and published version of my game the game lags for a second at the start, and when colliding with some stacked physics boxes it lags very heavily reducing the frame rate to about 2 FPS until the boxes stop moving, the general frame rate has seemed to of dropped slightly too. It works and runs fine in Maratis 3.02, I have tested the same project in both versions. Could this be the same thing that Arclord said about XP?

Also, I just tested my executable made on XP on a Windows 7 machine. It opened fine, but the only thing that was displaying was the text. Even the controls were working, but nothing other than the text in the level was visible and I had no way of knowing if anything other than the camera controls was working correctly. I thought it may of been a compatibility issue so I ran the game in Windows XP Service Pack 3 mode through properties>compatibility to see if it would work, but it didn't.

And I think the old project opening system was much easier to use than the new one because it remembers the last opened project.

Last edited by Almighty Laxz (2012-08-07 08:52:14)

I guess the lower framerate issue has something to do with the thing I added to reduce the processor use,
it was working fine on all my computers, but I guess the "sleep" function is not stable on all machines... mh...

I note the scripts things for the mouse hide and the rayHit

By the way, there is a new example showing how to use render-to-texture easily, and with post-processing, using only one line of script (and of course the post-processing shaders) :

http://www.maratis3d.org/download/render-to-texture.zip

That is really cool! Everything's nice and simple smile

anael wrote:

I note the scripts things for the mouse hide and the rayHit

Thanks smile

Last edited by Arclord (2012-08-08 12:41:37)

Is it also running it slow for other people like for Arclord ? Is it slow only on windows ?
Arclord, is it slow with specific scenes or always ?

I tested it with all examples. All are slow.

Regards

It's running slow for me on mac.