Topic: Lag bug

Hello,
So in version 3.02 of Maratis my car game was working great with absolutely no lag, but now in 3.1 I get an overall reduced frame rate and giant lag when crashing into my physics brick wall. I just tested an older version of my game, one that doesn't use 3.1 functions and 3.02 had no lag while 3.1 was lagging a lot. I know anael said he updated Maratis with out the lower cpu thing, but I still get terrible lag. Could he of uploaded the wrong one?

Re: Lag bug

The last osx version is the good one, I didn't had time to update the linux and windows thought.
The only difference I can see is that we updated bullet physics in-between, or I'm mistaken somewhere with the lower cpu thing.
We need to investigate that

Ok, I made some tests with a heavy physics scene on OSX.
There is something very strange, with a version complied directly with xcode the scene runs fine, but with a version compiled with scons from a command line the scene lags because of the physics.

I guess there is a compile option or something different with bullet that makes it slow when compiled with scons...
Someone have an idea ?

Ok found,

I added '-Os' to the compiler flags, scons was in fact building non-optimized for osx and linux,
this fix will also make a much faster linux release.

The next beta will be better when I have time to compile it.

Good! I am glad this was fixed.

Maratis seems to be running slightly slower than usual on my windows desktop too. I think it may be the less resource thing.

yes, the windows version still have the lower cpu usage thing,
I'll just recompile all plateforms this week-end or next week