Topic: importing textures

first off. this is an incredible game engine. one of the best open source engines i have came across thus far. great work flow, not too steep of a learning curve. but i do have one problem. is importing textures. i placed a texture in the map folder, and through blender i created a model set the paths to relative and export the model into the mesh folder. and still get a black mesh within maratis. can somebody provide me a short tutorial on how to view my textures and materials in the editor? smile

Re: importing textures

did you directly export your mesh to the final directory (project/meshs) ? or did you moved it after exporting ?
when exporting, the path are made relative to the mesh file, so if you move the file, the path are no longer good.
to be sure, you can open the mesh file with a text editor (its xml) and check that the texture filename if good.

it can also be the texture, what is the format of the texture ? maybe your 3d card only support power of two textures ?

Is the mesh texture coordinates on UV ? wink

yes it's uv mapped and my graffix card is good, also i opened the mesh file in notepad++ and its says
<image filename=

whoops i didnt realize the message was cut off after typing the code in lol! my mistake.. what i was trying to say was yes the texture file path within the mesh is correct when opening it in notepad++ ..it just doesnt show in the editor or when i test the project out. and also all the examples that came with maratis none of the textures show either:( hmmm..and i have a high end graffix card.

maybe your drivers are not up to date for opengl, try installing the latest drivers for your card,
some users had similar issues.

Can you tell me what is written in Maratis command line (OpenGL something...) ?
And just in case, try to make your texture with a power two size (ex 256x256) and set mipmap="0" in the mesh file with a text editor.

my drivers are good. i believe i have openGL 2.0 on my machine..and all my textures are all by the powers of 2. in this case my textures are 512x512. should i resize them to 256x256?

no 512x512 is a power of two,
look at the command line, it shows the opengl version.

but try to set mipmap="0" in the mesh file (in case the extension is not supported)

yayyy! it worked!! big_smile thank you

smile good, it means your card miss a mipmap extension, it could probably be corrected with up-to date drivers if there is (for opengl specially).

where can i find an opengl update? i googled it and i couldnt find any site i can update off of

just check on nvidia or amd/ati website to install the latest drivers for your card

Hello!
I exported simple scene (box with texture) with 3d s max exporter  ( http://forum.maratis3d.com/viewtopic.php?id=134&p=5 ). Export was successful.
When  trying to open it in Maratis.app (Mac , 3.1 beta) , I see black box without texture. I tried to change path to texture in Box.mesh file, and to change parameters of texture.
I also tried to load this scene in iPhonePunlishing example. I saw the same result.
Can you look at this scene, what is wrong with it?   Scene