Topic: Particle system

Particle system in Maratis, pleeease big_smile
Fire, water, explosion, etc.
Dust trails every time Jules (or the sheep from Yo Frankie) walking would be perfect.
Thanks for the engine. I like the light and shadows in Maratis very much smile

Re: Particle system

someone has tried make particles with single polygons with alpha channel (opacity)?, if yes, is aceptable the performance or this option is not viable?

Last edited by 3dcat (2013-01-14 20:36:16)

It should be perfectly fine, even faster than a classic particle system (because you don't need to calculate the bilboard). It's a technique they use a lot in games (except for physical effects like smoke).

It works good for magical effects, simple fire. And can be combined with animated uv coord and "add" blending.

I'm thinking to make a small example using lua and the physics system.

A sample project would be great, i am curious about if make the normals of the polygon particles ever penperdicular to the camera consume many resources or run fine and too if a particle age code that change the particle color work fine, I tried make some particles but when follow the grass tutorial the plane arrive to Maratis without alpha channel, if is posible please add to this tutorial the image of the settings of the Maratis exporter and too try include a blender file to can see the sample or tutorial working. thanks.

Last edited by 3dcat (2013-01-16 15:39:11)

I'm starting one example.

For the info, the blending mode can be changed here in blender with Maratis addon :
http://www.maratis3d.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/05.jpg