Topic: Particles in lua (explosion example)

I prepared a new example to show how to do particles using lua (in progress) :

http://www.maratis3d.org/download/SpecialEffects.zip

In this first example, particles are created using a quad made in blender with an additive blend mode.
The life of the particle is controlled by a material animation changing the diffuse from white to black (in additive black is transparent), so in lua we can control the life duration by changing the animation speed.

Later I'll show you how to make a more generic particle system and how to use uv texture animation to do some magical effects.

Re: Particles in lua (explosion example)

anael wrote:

I prepared a new example to show how to do particles using lua (in progress) :

http://www.maratis3d.org/download/SpecialEffects.zip

In this first example, particles are created using a quad made in blender with an additive blend mode.
The life of the particle is controlled by a material animation changing the diffuse from white to black (in additive black is transparent), so in lua we can control the life duration by changing the animation speed.

Later I'll show you how to make a more generic particle system and how to use uv texture animation to do some magical effects.

Cool we have particals with physics!!!! wink Would this work for "Rain, Snow, Falling Leafs"?

it can work with everything, but if the number of particles is not too much.

Rain and snow maybe don't need to have collision enabled.

anael wrote:

it can work with everything, but if the number of particles is not too much.

Rain and snow maybe don't need to have collision enabled.

Cool, My Intel GMA 3000 started seeing a delay at about 340 particals, So thats good I can work with that  my needs are fairly simple wink Thanks

Last edited by zester (2013-01-16 19:29:42)

Wow that's pretty cool, thanks for the example !

thankyou very much, work perfectly.

Last edited by 3dcat (2013-01-17 19:45:50)