Topic: Mutant

I was thinking that maybe I should show this:

http://www.mediafire.com/?gm7m1x22y0m5gqc

Have a look.

The weaponslot-keys are T Y U I O I think. Though the baseballbat isn't on the map yet.

I made it swedish, but it's also english since I can't decide yet which it will be.

Last edited by Pär (2013-01-24 20:48:30)

Re: Mutant

I went to have a look, and mediafire doesn't bring anything up.

Mediafire isn't my favorite,it riddled with ads and has a odd way of presenting the download.

Regardless, its not working here. I tried several times, and I got no prompt for download, and I gave up after that.

thx
gm

I downloaded it and played a minute, pretty cool. Only problem is I had no idea what to do, as I couldn't read anything on the screen because it wasn't in english. sad Oh well, it is interesting.

same as almighty laxz, i didnt' know how to play it :S and i was always defeated by the robot (cool animations by the way.

http://www.uploadmb.com/dw.php?id=1358608688

This is the new link. smile

I'm making an old role-playing game that was in swedish into a 3D game. Therefor I'm at a crossroads wether to make it english or swedish. But it's based on Basic Role-Playing so I'm gonna do it in english.

There's not much to do yet, you can read the bulletin (if you are educated) and work in the factory picking up wood bringing it to the furnace by pressing "E". Otherwise the robot is invincible yet until I get the rayHit to function properly. It will work after the next maratis-release.

Oh and thanks for checking it out. smile

Last edited by Pär (2013-01-19 15:27:58)

Hey! This is my new release of Mutant.

http://www.uploadmb.com/dw.php?id=1359060207

In my new version you can:

Lockpick the doors at night.
Read the signs. You just need to be cultured.
Kill the robot! Just buy a weapon at the weapon store.
And you can gamble as well! Just go to the sneaky guy at the tent.
And you can take a quest down by the docks south in the map.
And last but not least, you can work in the factory. Just press e to get the wood, and press e to put it in the furnace once your in collision with it.

Press I for inventory and C for character stats.

That's all, and it might not work to shoot the robot since I have done this in the latest svn. That's it! Have fun.

Edit: And you can buy a house. And I have converted it into english.

Last edited by Pär (2013-01-24 22:19:10)

Can someone feedback me so I know what to better in this game?

Sure smile

1. Make your levels smaller and more detailed.
2. Have the insides of your building be a separate object from the out side, load and unload these part depending on if you inside or out.
3. Spend some more time practicing your modeling  and texturing.
4. Use Normal, Specular Maps
5. Bake some AO maps to layer over your diffuse textures.
6. Remove any extra faces(polys) from your models that will not be seen.

Your game looks cool and you have the character animation/game scripting down.  But its really slow on my intel gma 3000
and your models and textures need some more work.

Good Job

Thanks! smile What is specular maps?

A Spec Map is Black/Gray/White texture and white areas define the part of your model that will look shiny/wet.

Where as  "material" with specularity makes the whole object shiny.

See here for an example also most of the textures in the wiki will have a spec map.
http://forum.maratis3d.com/viewtopic.php?id=535

Specular  Texture
http://i45.tinypic.com/28k5yx3.png

Specular  Material
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRrFz39CZsWVlmMqYO8jtrSvaBszouo1l-oDrLqiy-H0xCrA-S-8g

Last edited by zester (2013-01-26 15:34:12)

I understand what specular is now! Thanks. I will improve my game. smile

Pär wrote:

Can someone feedback me so I know what to better in this game?

I just tried it here on my PHenom II X4 3.2ghz, 8800gtx, 8 gigs ram, and it runs very slowly to the point I would not play it.

Great overall effort to be sure.

It is even Very slow inside Maratis itself.

Maybe as zester mentioned, you need to both:
reduce poly count of various things, and I wonder if your main 'terrain' mesh is far too large in that regard ?
If its not, and given the 'map' is very large ( took quite sometime to load in Maratis as well) I would highly suggest as well to split the mesh up into pieces inside blender , select all and the export again.

Definitely a great first outing here, keep up the good work wink

cu
GM

Thank you, I know it's too big. smile I will work on it.

For me :

- Too much text, would be better to make a sliding menu or something, so the main screen stay clean
- Collisions have some problems, you can go through buildings
- Sound fix maybe : Took me a while to figure what was that hyper loud mechanic sound, i even thought it was the main character walk tongue
- Graphics needs a boost wink

Other than that, it's pretty interesting, keep going on wink

By the way, I have no performance issues here

I'm sorry I haven't been clear with the controls.

To show/hide the menu it's "C" and for the inventory it's "I".

Thanks for the feedback. smile

Vegas wrote:

For me :

- Too much text, would be better to make a sliding menu or something, so the main screen stay clean
- Collisions have some problems, you can go through buildings
- Sound fix maybe : Took me a while to figure what was that hyper loud mechanic sound, i even thought it was the main character walk tongue
- Graphics needs a boost wink

Other than that, it's pretty interesting, keep going on wink

By the way, I have no performance issues here

The fact you have no performance issues to me anyway, only signals that you have a very powerful cpu/gpu , and not everyone is going to wink

I have a plenty powerful system ( gpu is on small side being HD 4670 atm because my other GPU died the other day) , being a Phenom II X4 3.2 Ghz, 8 gigs of ram and the gpu is listed above.

When I had the 8800gtx card in yesterday before crashing became obnoxious, even with that card ( which still holds up even against newest NVidia cards on the market btw), I had a very laggy experience in Martis editor, and in game was equally horrible.

What are your system specs that you are apparently not seeing any performance issues ?

thx
Gm

My comp is 10+ years old :
Intel Core2 Extreme CPU Q6850 @ 3.00Ghz
3,2GB Ram
AMD Radeon HD 6570 (about 50-60$)

Well not really a killer setup but I'm able to run most of nowadays games with medium settings.
My previous card was a 8800GTX too and i dont recall having troubles with maratis

I had troubles last night with my drivers here in Windows 8, and sorted it all out today, yet Mar Ed is still sluggish, so I am going to download a older binary and see what happens.

I'll let this thread/bug reports know.

later
Gm