Topic: Error in Manual use c++ vs2010

So as i dont want to use lua for game dev and use c++ with maratis engine i was taking  a look in the manual use as i dont want to compile it againwith scons i converted the vs2005 to vs2010 proj and now when i debug it  gives me an error
this:-
1>LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'bullet.lib'

So where can i get a lib for bullet ? there is none as i searched

Another question i have is what will be the best workflow to use maratis with c++ (except the plugin system )
Edited:-Edited my stupid grammar

Last edited by Crucio777 (2013-01-22 19:45:05)

Re: Error in Manual use c++ vs2010

Ehm, I dont know if its any help but you can download the latest svn at: http://maratis.googlecode.com/svn/

i have the lates svn and i have already built it too i am using the manual use from the svn smile

bullet and the other libs are on svn in 3rdparty/

but it's possible the visual project is not up to date as we use scons first.

what don't you want to use the plugin system ? you can do all the same that manual use can do but still using the editor, by writing your own MGame derived class. You can even shortcut the rendering.

http://www.maratis3d.org/?p=500

and in fact, in manual use, MyGame.h and MyGame.cpp can be used as a plugin too (main.cpp is there to init the engine manually like MaratisPlayer does).

i dont know .. i will have to use lua in some places and i really couldn't do that mbehavior stuff properly (i probably suck at it ) is there  any solution for the bullet.lib  problem ?

when i think of it again i might use the plugin workflow but i need something like manual use for experimenting my code most probably

Last edited by Crucio777 (2013-01-22 20:26:10)

- or you need to compile 3rdparty/bullet/ as a lib and use it.
- or remove the use of bullet.lib and add all the code from 3rdparty/bullet/ inside the project.

For the plugin vs manual use it's the same. For both there is multiple tools to make your game logic :

- using Behaviors (MBehavior)
- and/or using a customized Game class (MGame)
- and/or lua

the best is to combine the 3 :

- lua for very simple logic > manage triggers, open a door etc.
- Behaviors for re-usable logic > exemple in Water demo
- custom Game class for the global game logic, internal loops, AI etc

anael wrote:

- or you need to compile 3rdparty/bullet/ as a lib and use it.

how would i go about doing that sorry i am still kinda new to compiling stuff
and about workflow i am probably going to stick with whatever i like after experimenting !

Last edited by Crucio777 (2013-01-22 20:38:00)

for compiling a lib create a new project using visual studio, you should have the choice to build a "static library".
then add all the code from 3rdparty/bullet/

compile it in 'release' mode it should generate a .lib file
then be sure it's named bullet.lib and copy it in 3rdparty/bullet/win32/

sweet.