Topic: Latest binary for Mar. Editor behaving strangely

EDIT EDIT: I tried archived Beta 3.1b as well, and its equally laggy when rotating grid in a empty scene. I know its not me, as blender which I have installed here as well, rotates the grid very quickly as I move it with mouse,and 6 + levels of subdivide don't slow down movement of plane much at all , or enough to be bothersome during that process, and given that level of SUBD I might expect it, but its as good as the 8800gtx was so far, so I don't suspect my system atm here. Also Diablo 3 is playing much better since yesterday, where I apparently had driver mix ups,and Diablo 2 is doing a lot better as well. I wish I had better news , as I know you are busy, but that's the best info I have at the moment.

Having buggy behavior with latest binary ( 3.1d) of Maratis Editor. Empty scenes rotate with obvious lag ( blender works with , with zero lag of that type, and subdivide levels work fine too as they did with my other VIdeo card).

I tried to play it, and as with Par's games, I have very bad performance issues in editor and in game especially.

Very puzzling, because I used to have no trouble with such things.

AS noted, if I can play a very intensive game such as Diablo 3, I should have no trouble using a game editor with nothing loaded, so maybe this latest version doesn't like AMD/ati cards or something...no idea but there it is, and here comes my Systems specs:

PHenom II X4 3.2ghz, 8 gigs of ram, HD 4650 GPU , asrock MOtherboard , HD audio onboard and Western Digital Green 640gb hdd, all on Windows 8 64bit.

Btw, my HD 4650 isn't a super high end card, but as noted it plays Diablo 3 with no trouble at all,,,even in multiplayer mode with several people.

I will , as you noted in other thread, grab a different version of the Editor and let you know how it goes.

Gm

Re: Latest binary for Mar. Editor behaving strangely

Hi,

is it also slow when you switch to fixed renderer ?
and in Blender, is it still fast when you select the glsl mode (press 'N' in the viewport and select : shading > GLSL)
(by default Blender is in multitexture mode)

Can you copy/paste the content of Maratis console ?

Also, can you try running an openGL profiler like this one : http://www.gremedy.com/?sdk
there is a doc here : http://www.gremedy.com/tutorial/

If it's not the driver it might be some specific opengl call that can pop up with this.

Okay will do. I'll get back to you afterwards.

thanks
gm

It's not working here on my system ( oh ugh smile..), as the startup logo ( orange, with ati & NVidia logo's at bottom) shows, and does nothing,so I have to end app in task manager. I have no trouble with any other apps other than m. editor.

Ill try looking into what's wrong ( yup, running windows 8).

thx
Gm

yes, not sure if it work under windows 8, if it doesn't
can you tell me what is in maratis console and what does the fixed renderer and the blender in GLSL mode ?

Morning wink

Strangely enough, I don't have standard renderer here, it just shows fixed renderers when I click on it ( which I thought was odd yes). If you are asking can I get into GLSL mode without errors in blender, the answer is yes.

thx
Gm

Hi,

strange, no standard renderer it means maratis doesn't find shaders in opengl.
and the maratis console ? what opengl version does it show ? (if the console is not there open maratis_log.txt)

Hi,

When I open Maratis initially, I see this in console:

Info     Render version : 1.1.0  in main

thx
Gm

ok thanks, normally it should write at least write NVIDIA with opengl version minimum 2.1
"Render version : 1.1.0" means there is no opengl drivers

but if blender works, there is maybe something wrong with the opengl init but I have no idea what...

OK  just for verification purposes, I started truespace 3d 7.6 ( modeling, animating, etc. LOVE it), and chose 'opengl' as rendering method,and it clearly shows that as a valid option, with opengl32.dll , so for some reason ya, it appears maratis editor is having a tough time with my ati HD 4650 sad

cu
Gm

I found something online similar : http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/s … ?t=3042390
where they propose this driver for amd HD 4000 series : http://benchmark3d.com/amd-catalyst-12- … -windows-8

OK, I am back using my 8800gtx ( much better card) so atm Im fine, BUT if I go back to ATI HD 4670  ( sorrry notxx50 afterall,,even better ! heh), I will most certainly remember this thread and your helpful link.

cheers
Gm