Topic: GUI with Lua

Hi, everyone.

Is there any tutorial on making GUI menu with Lua? I would like to make something like 'mouse over' on a button. My first try was to getAxis for mouse positions and i've failed. In my second attempt, i tried with rayCast, and still can't get work either.
I'm still a beginner in coding in general. And apparently this simple task is still too difficult for my level.

Thanks for any help.

Re: GUI with Lua

Hello, There is no example yet, but there's a talk about this over Here
Personnally i failed to get Felis script working (code is already too complex for me)
But maybe you'll be more lucky !

Thanks, for the suggestion Vegas. I've just found out this Function request thread, and apparently mouse over is already on the to do list. Glad to see that. For the time being, i guess i'll play around a bit more to see if i can get some luck with current engine.
Thank you smile

Hi, sorry for bumping this thread.

I just found out that Maratis 3.2 has been released. And i notice there is this GetUnProjectedPoint addition. Is this something like"Mouse Over" in Maratis?

I've tried the script in the given example on that link. However, i can't make it works, and i don't get any error report in the console.
I have a cube (with physics enabled) in front of the camera, and it doesn't rotate when i move the mouse over the cube. Could it be that i missunderstood this function?

Last edited by Xone (2013-03-18 20:05:18)

Hi, I think you forgot the getObject for the camera, or wrong camera name,
just in case here's a small project (nothing more than the wiki example)

Oh, i'm such a noob at coding. I misplaced the mx and my!!
Thanks a lot, Vegas. That's a very helpful example. Thank you.

Last edited by Xone (2013-03-19 04:10:15)