Topic: Probably simple, but a few questions..

I like the look and feel of this engine,
And I've got many ideas I'd like to work on, but I miss the knowledge for now..
I'm a graphic designer trying to cross over into game design, 3d and 2d.

Looking at your examples it should be easy to make a character that's being followed and looked at like in Maratis Demos and YoFrankie, but when I try it myself, it doesn't go as planned.

Why does the mesh follow the player object?
Where does the feet-box come in play? (I understand the collision-detection part)
Are multiple camera's and switching between them possible?
I'm probably missing some logic here, but that's what this forum is for, right?

If I get the hang of this engine and some real understanding of the logic behind and in it, I would love to help write easy to follow tutorials explaining the working of among other things your example files, so people like me can have a go at this..

thanks in advance,

L.S.

Re: Probably simple, but a few questions..

The Multiple-Camera's-and-changing-between-them-question I managed to figure out myself this morning, I knew it would be easy..

The whole moving through adding force thing still is a problem.
I have managed to move my mesh by direct translating command, but the player and feet object will need som further investigation.

Little Stain wrote:

Why does the mesh follow the player object?

Hello, in Yofrankie for example, Player, Sheep and Feet are linked together that's why everything is following when you move "player"

"Link Selection" is on the Edit button, top left of maratis (took me some time to figure it out too tongue)
PunBB bbcode test

Hope it helps

Last edited by Vegas (2011-06-19 17:48:09)

Thanks..

I would have never thought of looking for it there..