Topic: Third game: Poor Devil

This is my third game. Just a small open-world RPG where you play as a tiny goblin fending for himself. Currently you can eat, fight and practice mysticism:

http://www.uploadmb.com/dw.php?id=1366212791

* Game controls.

W - Forward
S - Backward

Use mouse to turn.

SPACE - Jump

Middle mouse button - Wield/Sheath
Left mouse button - Attack
Right mouse button - Block

Last edited by Pär (2013-04-17 15:35:10)

Re: Third game: Poor Devil

I tried your game , seeing it in a different forum, and I just wanted to add that while extremely simple, it most definitely told me you likely have some background in programming, given having gone through the script, there were things I wasn't understanding, as far as logic and how some of the values play out. How much programming experience do you have ?

Oh btw, ( I suppose you already know) there is some bad tearing in your terrain object, and I suspect it was from a few bad uvmapping areas ?

I'ts clear you put in quite  a bit of thought/programming into this which certainly at the very least is a incentive to others to do the same wink

Thanks for your offering to Maratis.

cheers
Gm

Thank you! I do. I have programmed since christmas.

Hehe.

Nice smile is it done all in LUA script? or ? big_smile
err i think you done it in C++ big_smile nevermind big_smile

Last edited by pleedian (2013-04-18 15:26:26)

It's all in lua isn't it ?

To do it in c++ don't you need to create a gameplugin ?

I assumed it was Lua, because of the large lua script that rpg comes with .

I'm just curious, you say you've been programing only since December, well you must learn Very fast to do what you did, in only 4 months ;)_ I can't imagine understanding the howto of complicated logic like that, in 'under' four months. Im glad you can, it just surprises me is all ;)_)

How long did it take you to write the lua script ?

thx
Gm

Hehe it is written in Lua.

Well, looking at the dates of the script last change and date of the first model made it's 4 days. So probably 4 or 5 days. smile

That's cute wink I like it more than the previous ones, keep going on wink

quite funny  smile

Do you Know that you can blend several texture thanks to a glsl shader to make better terrain ?

the thread is here :
http://forum.maratis3d.com/viewtopic.php?id=15

I still don't quite see the relevance to using a 'blendmap' ( fancy name for colormap, which most standalone terrain apps produce as output ) , given the mention on these forums for using it, 'seems' to offer more control than stencil, and is easier to use ? I don't see how needing to setup shaders is easier than simply using the incredibly easy stencilmap in blender ( you don't even really need to use stencils, as you just make your model, unwrap it , load your textures, go into texture paint, , and click 'new', click on a texture as they load in the popup GUI that comes up,and start painting your model).

I think what is getting lost here, is that fact that no one is discussing  'how' you create a blendmap wink How is it done ?
I've never seen any blender tutorial refer to blendmaps, colormaps or anything, but if someone has a tutorial somewhere, that would be awesome, but until then at least in blender, Ill continue to use the very simple procedure of adding new textures, unwrapping mesh, go into texture paint mode, choose 'texture' in viewport shading, see over at far left of blender UI where you see a colorwheel, go down past 'alpha' that is checked, and down past that is <Texture, so click on the arrow, and click inside a red and white checked image and choose which texture you want , and then start painting . When done export to Maratis, it worked here  so it should for others. This might seem crazy complicated at first, but then anything is at first.

Cheers
Gm

Thanks Vegas and Alinor. smile Ah, I will look into it next time I make a map.

Cool.