Topic: Introduction

Hello everybody,

as you notice this is my first post in this forum so I want to introduce myself.
I am a student from germany, my hobbies are mainly programming and making music.
After using Unity3D for a while I came to the conclusion that it does not fit all my needs so I switched to Maratis.
Maratis is much more flexible due to its possibility of source code changes on engine level and modification using game plugins.
I hope to contribute some code and documentation later on but first I have to work with Maratis for some time so don't expect code from me anytime soon :-).

Sponk

PS: Currently my preferred programming languages are C/C++, Java, Python and Lua.

Re: Introduction

Hi smile

welcome to maratis forum,
tell us how it goes for you, feel free to ask questions and look at the multiple examples from the website.

Anaël.

Welcome here and hope you have a great time

Welcome wink

We really need better spam protection...

Yes we do, but given I  come here everyday, I catch spam if its here, literally everyday ! (Cause , I ROCK.)

Hm, you said there was spam here, I don't see anything ;0-0-0

hehe, kidding aside, it is caught everyday at least , so there is that wink

Cheers
Gm

Spam just crushes my excitement that something good was posted on the forums -.-

Spam is a literal part of life, so don't let it bother you wink

Just as early as yesterday,and this wasn't spam per se, but I saw a website obviously stalked at random and hijacked by extremeist groups, because I guess they have nothing better to do. I have no idea how such websites, including this one , can have setups that prevent spam &/or hijacking so all we can do is tolerate it I guess.

If anyone has any ideas for Anael on how to STOP it, feel free to share your ideas wink

cu
Gm

I would say we just need a better captcha than

"How many letters are there in Maratis?"

EDIT: My smartphone did not send the entire message

Last edited by Sponk (2013-05-04 09:12:07)

Yeah a better captcha system might work to lay off some Bots and Help us out a little but as gm said Spam cannot be stopped !

hey, there is already a captcha system, plus a plugin that check a spam database to ban already known spam emails,
but unfortunately it doesn't stop it all, captcha are sometimes entered by real humans beeing paid to do so, and there is no way to automatize it... I tried multiple setups and didn't find better than what we have now, it's a pain.

Guys, if you want to test my newest programs/games you now can go to: http://sponk-stuff.bplaced.net/index.php

I wrote the site by myself so please give me feedback about the structure, design etc.

Sponk