Topic: Project: Pavoris Maxima

Hello community!

I'm working on a game project named "Pavoris Maxima". It is a survival-horror shooter in a 20th century setting.
I still have to complete the storyline and the game mechanics but it is in a playable state now.

Models and sounds are taken from freesound.org and blendswap.com.
Most models are of course selfmade.

Sponk

PunBB bbcode test

Re: Project: Pavoris Maxima

Hi, it looks very promising !
I'd like to see a video !

I will upload a video to youtube by next week. I still have some animations to do before I can show it wink

Sponk

EDIT: I added a few animations now. You can find the video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDgTW9729u4

Last edited by Sponk (2013-07-25 16:10:16)

It's looking really good Sponk! I can't wait to see more smile

nice work sponk , keep it up smile

Thank you guys smile

I started to integrate the story/setting into the game so the level shown in the video will no longer be used.

The current version contains new shaders for postprocessing.

Sponk

PunBB bbcode game

do you mind if i ask you what kind of post processing / shaders have you used here  ?

In this screenshot I am using a simple bloom shader.
Currently I'm experimenting with radial blur and anti aliasing shaders for better quality.
(Admitted, the radial blur shader looks more impressive than the bloom shader wink)

To apply the shaders the whole scene is simply rendered to texture on a mesh (i.e. a simple plane)  with a shader applied. You just need to render this object fullscreen and you have your post processing.

Sponk

I created a new video showing the current status of my game.

You can find it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QsXPSqH_nw

Sponk

PS: It is the same level shown in the previous screenshot just with another starting point

Looks pretty cool, i like that ambiance smile

it looks very good but for my taste its way too blurry in some places (just My 1 cent)
the project is progressing pretty good  graphically.

My 1 cent as well,

Everything is coming together nicely, but the camera is moving way too fast, to be able to take into account the effects. Slow it down so we can take in the sights smile Afterall, its not a race, its about enjoying your creation and sharing with others to also enjoy. wink

later
nl

Congrats !
I'm impressed, it's going good.

Thank you for your feedback smile

I've made yet more progress that I show in my newest video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAb01iZuxCk
I tried to move slowly so you can see everything clearly.

Crucio777: I hope you find the new shader better wink

The next thing to come is a small story with some objectives/quests.

Sponk

HI Sponk,

Good work on your game, as its clearly coming along nicely wink

I like the leaves mainly, was the tree/leaves done in some plugin for blender of did you use the  forum post on making such things as a starting point ?

I never had time too look at video before as its  rather long, but I found time today so I wanted to comment wink

The corridor has a nice effect  but I hope you plan on giving the area more shape instead of just one long straight corridor.

The EMIT used on the couple of lights in the corridor have some scare appeal, but I think you could use some lighting for added value there,,some soft glow or something to give the scene some more realism, but then maybe you already  have that planned ?

The grass looks decent, Iv'e seen that style in WoW, and it lends some realism here as well wink

Good overall work, keep it up wink I see the sky is different, as it seems there less harsh gradients, so that's a very good thing. I think I  like the tree the most honestly, so I hope you keep going in that general direction ( style) .

Cheers
hs

Nice! Picked up some good tips from watching it.

Thank you guys wink

First: The tree with leaves are made in Blender. What forum post do you mean, VeganDev?

The corridors are darker in the video than they are in reality. That is one problem with the compression algorithm I use to compress the video as I record it (or else my hard drive would be full in one or two minutes wink)

http://picload.org/image/olpldal/pavorismaximascr.png

I made a test scene to test daylight situations in a more urban area. I ran into problems with point lights/spot lights when having a bigger scene: They are not equally bright at every point in the level!

So now my feature request: For imitating sunlight a directional light source would be essential.

Sponk

the new shader looks really good
i would love to test a demo maybe so i could give better feedback .
Nice going sponk

Thank you Crucio777 smile

I unfortunately have not much time for finishing all the points on my checklist the next few weeks.

I still have problems with the FOV of the GUI for example (you might see it in my last screenshot wink)
And I still have problems when importing animations from Blender so the player looks pretty lifeless for now.

I will definitely release a to-do list soon and the first prototype of the game a little later this year.

Sponk

Sponk, was wondering if you might like this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl … AvG2E7p_W8

I will be working on a similar environment soon.

I finally finished a small demo of Pavoris Maxima. You can find it on my website:
http://scary-squid.de/en/show-product.p … ris-maxima

Have fun with it!

Tutorial Doctor: Thank you, the video looks very interesting wink

Sponk

PS: I experienced some problems with newer SVN version of Maratis with my quite old codebase. One of them is a problem with  sound stuttering when using 3D sounds. Does anyone experience similar problems?

Hi Sponk, i tried your project, apparently some objects are missing from it :

- hand crowbar (so i guess you can switch weapon ?)
- ladder1
- next level (how to go there ? tongue)

As a sidenote, i think 509 mo is total overkill for a demo, would be
nice if you can reduce the size for future tests/downloads smile

Vegas: I accidentially included the whole library of assets I have on my hd. I already deleted all unneeded textures/objects etc.

About the missing objects: I have a function that queries all objects based on a number behind the name. When it does not find ladder1 it will know that there is no ladder in the level. You get the same warning when using 5 ladders. Then it would complain about ladder6.

next level is indeed missing. Thanks smile

hand crowbar is only in the level if you pick it up as an item so you don't have to load objects that are not used.

Thanks for trying smile
Sponk

Hello Sponk!
I downloaded your linux64 build, archive is broken.

kostik: Ok, I'm checking it right now. Thanks for testing wink

I should add the MD5 checksum in future
Sponk

EDIT: I checked it. The archive is not damaged. You might have to redownload it.

Last edited by Sponk (2014-01-26 16:48:27)