Topic: MIP Mapping

Hello , can some one please explain how to turn off mip mapping so that textures get a more pixelated look?

Re: MIP Mapping

You can turn this off in Image-mapping inside blender, and short of that I don't really know. I know about that because its here:

http://www.maratis3d.org/?p=277

If you aren't using blender then you could load it into blender and disable it there ( hastle I know but I don't think that option works anywhere else ?) or maybe in code, but I have no idea how it would be done there , sorry.

Good luck to you
hs

Sure, just apply the edge-split modifier in blender.

I already tried messing about in blender with the settings under Image Sampling but it doesn't help with maratis , the texture looks as it should in blender but in maratis is a blurry mess. There must be a way to turn mip mapping off in maratis. Also the edge split modifier doesn't help because its a texture on a flat plane.
edit:
I got the desired effect in love2d by changing the texture filter to nearest. How can this be done in maratis?

Last edited by Riddikk (2013-09-21 06:50:13)

Ah ok, I thought you wanted a more pixelated 3D look.

Hi,

mip mapping is not the same thing, it is a technique to sample a texture in multiple sizes,
what you want is to change the texture filter mode : nearest vs linear

it is actually not there in maratis mesh format yet, but you can change a texture filter mode in c++.
We'll try to add this soon.

Its nice to know this is on the to do list. A button in the editor or a lua function would be awesome.

I will let you know when it's on, I know there is a revival of pixel art style and this should be simple to do.

Thank you for taking the time to do this.