Topic: Linux testers needed!

Hey community!

I wrote a small tool that makes working with Maratis much easier by offering functionality like auto download Maratis from SVN and bulding it for you,
showing you your recent projects and allowing you to automatically create a CMake build system for your game plugins.

I need some people to test it since I want to find all Bugs that are in there. All obvious ones are fixed by now (since I am using it myself wink)
but who can be sure wink

Debian/Ubuntu:
http://scary-squid.de/downloads/linux-t … anager.deb

openSUSE:
http://scary-squid.de/downloads/linux-t … x86_64.rpm

Both packages are 64bit only.

I want to release a Windows version as soon as I have all wanted functionality in the Linux release.

Sponk

PS: You might need to install development packages like gcc, g++ etc. to make it work. I still need to figure out the exact depencies.

Re: Linux testers needed!

<raises hand in the air>

Me me me me me!!! smile

I can download it later tonight and give it a whirl. Thanks, Sponk!

that's cool smile

Hey, Sponk.

Just downloaded the .DEB package and it says that the "svn" dependency is not satisfiable. Are there particular subversion packages I need installed in order to get this to work?

Let me know.

oh, I forgot to change it to subversion. Debian hast other names than openSUSE.

You should now be able to install it (you have to redownload of course wink)

Sponk

Hey, Sponk. I just installed the .DEB file, but as soon as I launch the program, I get this error:

"Could not save history: Could not open /home/UserName/.maratis-manager/history.conf"

What do I need to do? Let me know.

---ADDED---

Also, when I try to "open with file manager" I get a "Failed to open URI: 'file:///Empty'" error. Mind explaining the application and what the buttons do?

Last edited by sunnystormy (2014-02-06 00:42:53)

That's why I need someone to test smile

Try to create the file manually. It is possible that I made a mistake with the file permissions.

Sponk

PS: You can only open a project in your file browser if you actually specify one.

sunnystormy: Did you try it? Does it work?

Hey, Sponk. I managed to get the file issue resolved by creating the maratis-manager dotfile inside of my home/$USERNAME directory. I also had to create the "history.conf" file inside and modify its permissions with a "chmod 777".

When I load a "mproj" file from within the manager, though, it doesn't open the Maratis Editor. Is that what it's supposed to do?

Let me know.

Last edited by sunnystormy (2014-02-08 18:30:37)

You first have to install Maratis via the 'Install' button on the 'Updates' tab.

BTW: I added a few messages that tell you what to do when you try to open an empty project or when you try to open the editor when it isn't installed yet. And I fixed the problem with the missing files wink

EDIT: You might want to redownload it. I just have pushed all fixes onto my FTP server.

Last edited by Sponk (2014-02-09 11:00:03)

Alrighty. So I've played around with the Manager a bit, and now, every time I open a project (double-clicking on the ".mproj" file without using the Manager), I just get a blank scene graph. Any "mproj" files (even the ones that were working before) just go to a blank scene. Any ideas?

Also, could you explain how the "create plugin" process is supposed to work? Thanks.

Last edited by sunnystormy (2014-02-11 04:18:06)

First: My program only operates inside your home directory (~/.maratis-manager) so I think that your problem with double-clicking has another source since I guess that you are using the Maratis *.deb package which installs to /usr/bin by default.

Create plugin creates a new directory (GamePlugin) inside the dir of the *.mproj file you have selected in the 'Recent projects' field. There it will create a cmake build system for your plugin with all includes etc. set up correctly. You just have to look inside the 'GamePlugin/build' folder and you will find a makefile and a code::blocks project you can use to build your plugin.

Hope this helps big_smile

Yeah, I'm wondering if there's some kind of symlink issue with the version of Maratis that was downloaded inside the Manager and the one I originally installed through your Debian packages.

I can do some more digging later tonight. I'll also look further into the plugin functionality. Thanks for your help.

Last edited by sunnystormy (2014-02-11 19:22:17)

Update: I just uploaded a new version. I found many issues on my Debian installation and fixed them. I hope it works better now.

Debian/Ubuntu:
http://scary-squid.de/downloads/linux-t … anager.deb

openSUSE:
http://scary-squid.de/downloads/linux-t … x86_64.rpm

Sponk

Can someone please retest this version? I fixed many bugs on Ubuntu that were not there on openSUSE.

Sponk

EDIT: Still the same link

Last edited by Sponk (2014-04-13 17:46:38)