Topic: ARM Linux

Has there been any movement in this area? What would need to be done in order to get native ARM Linux support for the engine?

Re: ARM Linux

sunnystormy wrote:

Has there been any movement in this area? What would need to be done in order to get native ARM Linux support for the engine?

I don't think much is needed to be done. I've managed to compile Maratis libs and dependencies using clang targeting ARMv6 and ARMv7 with the Android NDK as it is just an ARM Linux build environment (and nothing Androidy about that part). So I imagine MaratisEditor and MaratisPlayer would build also, possibly change the context from OpenGL to OpenGLES (as such a context is already included).

Think I will get an Rasberry Pi soon to play around with as it is a pure ARM Linux environment running on an ARMv6 with a decent graphic chipset (comparable to the original Xbox).

Last edited by Dahnielson (2014-03-01 11:46:37)

Re: ARM Linux

Hey Danielson,

That sounds great! I have both a Raspberry Pi and a Beaglebone Black, and I'd love to help test when you feel your fork of the engine is at that point.

I think that it's important to include this as a project build setting due to the affordability of ARM SoCs and the ability for consumers to basically create their own game console using them.

Let me know if there's anything I can do to help, and please keep me posted on whatever progress you make.

Thanks!

-SS

Last edited by sunnystormy (2014-03-04 15:23:37)