Topic: Permissions issue in Editor on the Mac

I have been having this issue for a long time, where I click a lua file inside of Maratis and I get a permissions error.

The document “Hearts.lua” could not be opened. You don’t have permission.

To view or change permissions, select the item in the Finder and choose File > Get Info.

The link below says it could be that permissions were not set up by the application correctly when it was installed, or that it was installed under a different account other than the one I am using, but you don't really install Maratis do you?

http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT2963

Anyone else having this issue? I am trying to get back into Maratis, but this is really annoying me.

Re: Permissions issue in Editor on the Mac

Maratis tries to open OSX text editor,
it was working before but they changed the permission rules with the newer versions of OSX.

In the future we'll just ambed a third party text editor, we won't use OSX text editor.

Re: Permissions issue in Editor on the Mac

It would be cool if you could use either Atom, Brackets or Light Table. They are all open source.

I use Brackets for editing now, and all of them are customizable (based on web technologies).

I am liking Brackets most, though Atom is made by github (perhaps better for version control).