Topic: Read Blend

i think the best feature is that maratis load the native blend file, in Unity you cant open the blend file and any change you make in Blender update in realtime in unity editor.

Unity and Ogrekit are the two engine thad cant read blend file natively, this whould be a nice and functional pipeline.

-read blendfile
-support logicbrick etc.

Last edited by kakachiex (2011-11-07 13:49:07)

Re: Read Blend

Reading blend files directly was a question when writing the python script exporter, it can be always a good feature, but as the exporter is fully implemented it is not a vital feature. What is missing is a way to use the blender exporter in one clic once the first export has been done (it is a bit irritating to have to select the path each time).
> Actually, when you export a mesh with blender, it automatically updates in Maratis.

The Blender logic bricks are not very good, and I think it's better to separate modeling and game design. On the other hand the nodal logic behaviors like Detox you suggested on the feature request is interesting. It can be a visual way to generate or display lua scripts.

I agree whit you, think in somentin, what make people migrate from one application to other is the ease to use most and the fast pipeling. the most faster pipeling that suport all native application file format is unity.

there is read blend file format in the Ogrekit project you cant give a check: http://code.google.com/p/gamekit/wiki/I … ile_format

if you get maratis read blender native file format will be amazing and fast interactio between the two app.