Topic: Viewport problems

Hi there, I'm excited to start playing with this program. Unfortunately I think I think I hit a problem.

These:

Turn around : Middle mouse button + mouse move
Pan : CTRL + Middle mouse button + mouse move

They don't seem to work for me. I can zoom all right, but no pan or turn around.
I have a 64 bit machine with an ATI Mobility Radeon graphics card. Not sure if any of these are relevent, but I thought I should mention it just in case.
Does anyone else have this problem? Anyone know of a solution?
Thanks in advance.
M

Re: Viewport problems

Do you have a middle mouse wheel button that can be pressed ?
or is it something like that : http://www.ebizcuss.com/picts/I379604.jpg

Turn around : Middle mouse button "Pressed" + mouse move
Pan : CTRL + Middle mouse button "Pressed" + mouse move

I should think to an alternative for people without mouse wheel.

No, I have a scroll wheel.
sad
http://blog.jarofjuice.com/2007/03/revi … ion-mouse/

I just tried it again and it still doesn't work for me. Hmmmmm.

Here's a crazy Idea... I'm sure it's probably a bad one... but this is how I work in Blender:

Alt + LMB to tumble
Alt + CTRL to zoom
Alt + Shift to Pan

Once you get used to it. It's pretty fast and intuative. Plus I've always found using the scroll wheel as a button awkward.
Anyway... hopefully I can figure out what the problem is.
Thanks
M

Last edited by morbott (2011-02-15 03:09:15)

I will work on a custom shortcut system, so you will be able to change it, I think as your mouse is special, the middle button is not sent the same way to the system.

Something you wrote triggered an idea. I just dug through my mouse settings and discovered that the scroll wheel was not set to middle mouse button. Soooooo.... NOW IT WORKS! Huray!

One side question.... is there an easy way for me to change the back ground colour to not be blue? I noticed the gui folder, and I tried changing the colour there. That works to a certain point. It seems like there must be a colour setting for the view port some where. Anyway... it's not important, I was just curious.
Thank you
M

for the viewport there is not setting to change it for Editor, but for clear color of the game, it is set inside the camera setting, so your game background wont be blue smile