Re: Linux Version?

I in fact build the current version on ubuntu 11, similar version as you I think.

There is obviously some mistake with the build, if you can try to compile it on your machine and tell us how it's going it would be nice !

Ok, i've never used SVN, so i'll get in touch with you if you dont mind for some info about that.
Et si je me trompe pas, tu es francais, ce sera un peu plus facile comme ça smile

Just moved to 64 bits oneiric. Maratis compiles just fine, only the cursor keys don't work when editing object position (just like my previous post). Any hint about what's wrong? No UTF-8? PT keyboard? Where should I change some configuration to make it work?

When you try the game demos (Jules for example), are the LEFT and RIGHT keyboard keys working ?

There is probably some issue in :
http://code.google.com/p/maratis/source … Window.cpp

Maybe a key code in the function "bool MWindow::onEvents(void)" ?

Well i wish i knew what happened, but i havent changed anything (except maybe some updates), and now it works fine....

Cursor keys on Jules behave as expected. It's on edition that the problem arises: ENTER, BACKSPACE, DELETE, ESC, CTRL, SHIFT, ALT and cursor keys add an ASCII char 152 to the editor. It happens when naming a new project too.
Only happens on my compilation.

Last edited by linux-man (2011-12-12 15:45:56)

Sythuzuma-Ka : super, il manquait sans doute une librairie.

linux-man : in what language is your system ? it is possible that the encoding behave differently when you build it yourself.
I think it comes from the hard coded key codes used in "bool MWindow::onEvents(void)"
I will try to see if there is a better way to do it.

can you post a how-to tutorial (that goes through every step in a easy manner?)
That would be great.. It would also help future users who wants to help out with linux version.

Thank you for waking me up from my laziness. It's been a long time since I look at others code. :-)
So, I changed line 445 from
if(car == 127 || car == 32 || car == 13 || car == 9) break;
to
if(car == -1) break;
since every non-printable char is translated to -1 and it seems to solve my issue.
Now it looks that _glfwKeySym2Unicode() translate to Unicode but you stick to ISO 8859-1. Is it for XP compatibility?

linux-man :

Yes you are right ! thank you, the -1 test is missing,

the correct line might be replacing :
if(car == 127 || car == 32 || car == 13 || car == 9) break;
to :
if(car < 0 || car == 127 || car == 32 || car == 13 || car == 9) break;

Tell me if it's working, I'll update the code on svn smile

hedphelym : a how-to build the sources ?

I prefer car == -1 -> it's the only number that matters. Also I have the felling that 9, 13, 32, or 127 are key values, not car.
Beside that the code works.

anael wrote:

hedphelym : a how-to build the sources ?

I'd agree with that tuto, i got the sources from svn, and i didnt know if it was meant to be built with windows or linux, or how to do it properly. It'd be great.

yes, a how-to build it for linux.
step-by-step.

ubuntu I'd guess would be the most "generic" distro to make such a tutorial for.

After all the work from Anael, fafner, egore911 and the rest building Maratis on Ubuntu is really easy!
Install libopenal1 and (probably needed) libopenal-dev.
Inside SVN folder, open a console in maratis/trunk/dev and run "python scons.py".
Executables are on maratis/trunk/dev/prod/linux2/release/Maratis/Bin.

Last edited by linux-man (2011-12-13 11:46:56)

thank you, I will test this later today smile