Topic: Model problems

Ok so i have this model and I exported it with blender. here is what it looks like rendered in Blender
In Blender

but in maratis this is how it looks
In Maratis

I am sure I have something set up wrong. All I have is a mesh, a texture, and normal map. If someone could help me with this, I would greatly appreciate it.

Re: Model problems

I think your textures are not in the correct order :
Try put the diffuse on slot 1 and normal map on slot 3 :
PunBB bbcode test

Ok, I just tried that but it didn't work. I know it must be something simple and that's what gets me. It also doesn't help that I am not used to blender.

Thank you for trying.

Last edited by Ender (2013-01-20 00:09:11)

So with further testing it does the color right when exported without normal maps. Add normal maps and it gets that purple hue. I'm narrowing it down. sooner or later I'll get it.

UPDATE: Ok, I knew it was something simple and it was. All I needed to do was switch from fixed to standard render in Maratis.  Man it's a good thing I am comfortable with my stupid moments. Because I seem to have them more and more. =-D

Last edited by Ender (2013-01-20 06:18:00)

I'm not that far, yet. i'm still trying to navigate around in blender without wanting to throw my computer out the window.

That's ok, You will be there in no time. Blender takes some getting used to but once you do  you'll do fine.

I have this problem but i cant get meshes to show up at all in the standered renderer nothing shows up

Last edited by Rapdorian (2013-01-29 19:06:34)

Does it show in fixed render?

yes

is this a blend file?
If it is you can send it to me and i will see if i can figure it out

ok this happens with every model I put into maratis execept one with custom shaders more info here
http://forum.maratis3d.com/viewtopic.php?id=302

That certainly is strange. I assume that you have updated your graphics driver to then. I will have to think on this one a bit. I'm sure we will find the answer.

Ya I've upgraded them thanks for taking helping me

Im really liking maratis based off the fixed render and bits of the standered i can see

What type of graphics card?

Intel i3

Wrapscallion wrote:

I'm not that far, yet. i'm still trying to navigate around in blender without wanting to throw my computer out the window.

I know the feeling. Haha. Blender Cookie and Blender Guru are two websites that have some good tutorials on Blender.