2) With a Timer
3) With a Trigger
Last level is a platform controlled by a timer

• Project : Door Examples

• LUA script only : Door + getPos
• LUA script only : Door + Timer
• LUA script only : Door + Trigger
• LUA script only : Platform + Timer

Last edited by Vegas (2012-10-16 13:48:27)

Re: [Maratis] Door lift

Nice,
thank you for sharing !

Thanks smile

I almost finished another 4-5 small examples, it just need some cleaning and i upload them too

Thank you it rely help

Hi and thx for TUT,

Trying to go through this a bit to have a better understanding of how Maratis works, but Im experiencing some difficulty;

HOw does entity0 work and where can I see the code ?

I see that if I disable the player physics and run player, that it doesn't work as expected, but then reenabling the player and running example again, causes player to continue not to be able to move when pressing keys.

I also don't understand what 'locker' is doing.

Would you mind terribly explaning what all this does, as I think that would go along way to allowing new users to work with maratis wink

thx
gm

Vegas wrote:

Hello, 3 quick examples (very poorly made) but working ones.

OPENING A DOOR
http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/1315/doorcompressed.jpg
Description : Open a door when walking on the large rectangle (door also have sounds) this is made using physics (gonna make another one using translate later on)
Project : http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19970067/Maratis/Door.rar

Hi, well, i just realize these examples are quite confusing (too many variables),
i'm gonna make a better version today.
For now, to answer you :

I see that if I disable the player physics and run player, that it doesn't work as expected, but then reenabling the player and running example again, causes player to continue not to be able to move when pressing keys.

That's because the object "mass" got reset to 0 when you disable/enable physics

locker is here to block the door (addforce on Z when door and locker are in collision), but you shouldn't go that way honestly =P

I don't get what you mean here ? scripts are located under project/scripts

It's really hard to know where to start with maratis, given there are zero tuts out there, that aren't 'simplisitc' in nature. We need a tutorial , showing the very minimal of code needed toget a player in the game and move player around...it would be nice for example, if we had a TUT that gave script examples of say how yofrankie was done.

A very simple mproj yes, but it would go a long ways to getting people started, or is there one somewhere that I missed ? I would dig into the code/scripting, but I think I'd be lost.

If I understood the system, I'd be happy to do that, but its impossible knowing where to start wink

thx for updating door btw, Ill tinker a bit (prob. in utter confusion) till you make that and upload it.

cu
gm

Vegas wrote:

Hi, well, i just realize these examples are quite confusing (too many variables),
i'm gonna make a better version today.
For now, to answer you :

That's because the object "mass" got reset to 0 when you disable/enable physics

locker is here to block the door (addforce on Z when door and locker are in collision), but you shouldn't go that way honestly =P

I don't get what you mean here ? scripts are located under project/scripts

Ya, Im looking at both examples , but I need to dig deeper, as if I try to change the entity0 mesh in sponza and replace with my own, maratisplayer crashes after pressing pacman.

I clearly need to do some reading on how things work.

I did look at the one script that comes ( joystick is irrelevant for me) with sponza but  see nothing showing one has to use any particular mesh. Is this why it crashes when I substitute my own mesh ?

I'll keep reading in the meantime.

cu
GM

gamemaker wrote:

If I understood the system, I'd be happy to do that, but its impossible knowing where to start wink

Jules example and YoFrankie are perfectly suited to start with, as they are simple and effective,
check my site in maratis section if you need quick explanations, i made an overview of the example

ps. updated the topic