Topic: How to make animated textures work on Maratis?

Hello All,

I recently followed this Tutorial for blender on how to do Animated Water Texture (mainly the Nomal Map) http://vimeo.com/2685288, however when i export the resulting file to maratis all i get is a translucid mesh, but no normals, or even moving/animated texture.

the Material, is Standard set to use alpha
the textures are
the 1 slot has just a blue 256x256 image
the 3 slot has the moving/animated texture as shown in the tutorial

when i test this on Blender (with preview on GLSL mode showing textures) i see the moving translucent blue water.

I even tried to move the animated texture to the first slot, but still nothing.

Re: How to make animated textures work on Maratis?

For the invisible image, try :

• If you used "additive" material, also set material "emissive" value to 1 (and put a light in front of it in maratis)
• Make sure "Alpha" value of the material is at max. (Blender in glsl view will display the model correctly with alpha however  exporting it like that will render it 100% transparent in maratis.)

I also made a tut long time ago about this over here

Hope this helps

Re: How to make animated textures work on Maratis?

Thank you soooo much!! the recomendations unfortunatetly did not work with the APNG texture animation, however the Blender animation of the actual static texture did work for me big_smile

now I have what looks like still water in a lake (I mean it does move back and forth which is the effect i wanted to achieve).

Next up on my Question list, Texture Splatter with multiple textures But i will leave that for another thread if i cannot figure it out by weeks time.