Re: Feature Requests (Editor Only)

As it was already spoken in this subject, possibilities of saving prefabs, attachments of scripts to objects and respectively saving of their communications in case of creation prefab very would be useful.
Also it would be very desirable to have a directional light and environmental lighting, it would give to the picture more realistic look and facilitated process of setup of lighting.
Thank you in advance also there is a wish to express huge gratitude for such remarkable engine.

I have been creating a few Mock Screenshots for thinks i would like to see eventually being implemented on Maratis, and i have  places a few of them in the Issue Tracker as Feature Request, however i do have a question for Anael, and the Team.

Do you guys like the ideas, should I continue posting them (i have like 6 more all for the editor), shoud i PM first with the Mock Screenshot and post after you guys give me the thumbs up?

I truly dont mean to intrude, i have 0 C/C++ experience hence will likely wont be able to implement such ideas, but i can put together Fake Screenshots big_smile

I'm not sure, simple enough things, like object hierarchy are Enhancements and are technically ok in the tracker,
but complex things like a terrain editor are more than that, the impact is beyond, it's more a glimpse of future possibilities.

The fact that you do fake screenshot is interesting and your ideas are very valid, maybe it should be a page in the wiki that could be accessed from "Roadmap", as a study of future possible evolution with different propositions and screenshots. It's actually what they did for Blender when working on a new interface, they made a big document first with fake screenshots. The section could also contains more classic studies / comparisons with other softwares. And the development could pick ideas from it.

What do you think ?

that sounds good, I will finish some of the other Mocks i have in mind, and contact you for a Wiki Account, or just PM you the screenshots with the pitch wink

I also have a few features I'd like to request :

1.Some sort of freelook camera editing mode, because the orbit camera your using for editing is useful in some cases, but If you have a really complicated level and want to place some entities in it, it can become a real pain to get the camera to where you want it.

2.I would also like a way to change the window title when you publish the project. I don't know if I'm just stupid and didn't notice a function for that, but when I publish the project and run the .exe, the window says 'Maratis' on it instead of the project's name. This probably would be implemented in the future nonetheless.

3.An official way to choose witch scene and level to start in. Currently the first scene and level is the last one that was modified.

4.An in-built command reference. My internet is really unstable, and if I forget a function I'd have to wait for the internet to come back up.

5.A particle system. 'Nuff said.

6.Some sort of system for creating, reading, and editing files. This would be useful for saving, and a lot of other things too.

Sorry for the huge wall of text, I have a lot of ideas.

Last edited by X54321 (2013-10-12 13:50:24)

X54321 wrote:

1.Some sort of freelook camera editing mode

http://wiki.maratis3d.org/index.php?tit … ree_camera

X54321 wrote:

4.An in-built command reference. My internet is really unstable, and if I forget a function I'd have to wait for the internet to come back up.

Your browser->menu->"Save page with name"?
Also, header files can be found in the SDK folder.

X54321 wrote:

5.A particle system. 'Nuff said.

Eheh we all know that. ^ ^

X54321 wrote:

Some sort of system for creating, reading, and editing files.

http://code.google.com/p/maratis/source … ileTools.h

A changeMap() function would be very nice, and it doesn't seem it would be that hard. I don't understand c++ yet, and I assume a game plugin would do the trick (still don't get how that works either).

Inside of the mesh file you see where the mesh looks for an applied diffuse map or specular map etc. If there were a function that we could use in LUA under the Object functions that would redirect that path to any other path/file that would be very useful. It would be a way to change textures and material from within maratis.

I am trying to make a fashion game where the colors can be changed. It looks like for now I am going to use material and texture animation.

Tutorial Doctor wrote:

Inside of the mesh file you see where the mesh looks for an applied diffuse map or specular map etc. If there were a function that we could use in LUA under the Object functions that would redirect that path to any other path/file that would be very useful. It would be a way to change textures and material from within maratis.

I second this, texture swap would be awesome, either from changing path or UV offset animation

currently UV offset is unusable on characters because it seems animations are all threated the same
(can't do character animation + uv offset animation at the same time)

A more detailed publishing pipeline which gives the user a greater degree of control over the window size and title.

It's in the to do list.

anael wrote:

maybe it should be a page in the wiki that could be accessed from "Roadmap", as a study of future possible evolution with different propositions and screenshots. It's actually what they did for Blender when working on a new interface, they made a big document first with fake screenshots. The section could also contains more classic studies / comparisons with other softwares. And the development could pick ideas from it.

What do you think ?

I'm interested in this, that's a pretty cool idea, how do we set-up things ?
One unique big page or a different page for each mockups ?

Vegas > a different page for each subject would be better, listed in the roadmap page