Topic: Exporter plugin problem

Hello,

the exporter plugin does not show up in Blender Add-ons. Both .py files are correctly installed under blender/2.56/scripts/addons/maratis/

Blender is a win64 build from graphicall.org. Revision is r35924

Any help?

oldbob

Re: Exporter plugin problem

Have you unzipped the files ?

If i remember correctly, you just have to install the maratis.zip file alone, without unzip.

Hope this help

Is there any error message in the blender command window ?

Hello,

sorry for the late answer.

There is only one message in the console window after trying to install the plugin.

addon_utils.disable maratis not loaded

oldbob

Last edited by oldbob (2011-04-02 16:48:37)

Hello,

i hope you can update the plugin soon. Due to some API changes the maratis export script is not compatible anymore with an actual Blender dev build and the soon to be released Blender 2.57.

oldbob

I will look at the 2.57 release candidate, they probably changed some function name in the python sdk or something like that.

Argh, i wish i would know how to do things in Python. sad I cannot fix it for myself. What Blender version do i need to get the export script working? I hope i can use my .blend files in an earlier 2.5 build or i have to choose another 3d solution for my museum project. sad

oldbob

just version number minus 0.01 ;-)

try official 2.56 beta - you shall have no problems with a .blend file from 2.57 prerelease

Last edited by Kralle (2011-04-05 15:58:55)

Hi oldbob,
can you try this version :

http://www.maratis3d.org/download/marat … 57-RC0.zip

As I was thinking, some python renaming as been done, I corrected using the official blender release candidate (2.57 RC0).
Thank you for testing.

Thank you Kralle, Thank you anael. smile

@anael
You missed a change in the __init__.py
The "bl_addon_info" needs to be changed into "bl_info" or the addon does not get registered.

I made a quick export and loaded the mesh into Maratis without problems. I will test it more tomorrow.

oldbob

Last edited by oldbob (2011-04-06 15:40:22)

good, let me know if it's working completly, I will change the "bl_info".
I will wait the official release to include the corrected plugin in the Maratis package as it can still change.

see you smile

Maratis Exporter for Blender 2.57 Release :
http://www.maratis3d.org/download/marat … bl-257.zip

Argh, shame on me. Did not found the time to play further with Maratis. sad I had to finish some modeling.

oldbob

I tried to export a simple mesh I have from blenger 2.57 using the new plugin, but came up empty. All I get in maratis is a few triangles from the mesh, but nothing else.

The exported data seems correct (from a size and number of materials perspective).

skumancer wrote:

I tried to export a simple mesh I have from blenger 2.57 using the new plugin, but came up empty. All I get in maratis is a few triangles from the mesh, but nothing else.

The exported data seems correct (from a size and number of materials perspective).

I got it working. Apparently my mesh was wrong. I exported form XSI to collada, then imported the collada file into blender and then exported to maratis and it works!!

Now, does anybody have experience with shaders? I can't get the demo cartoon shader to work on my model.

Thanks!

Did you set your Material as "CustomShader" and select the cartoon vert and frag shaders ?
http://www.maratis3d.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/05.jpg

You also need to add a texture in the first slot (used as ramp-texture by the cartoon shader):
http://www.maratis3d.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/06.jpg

Here is the blender export tutorial in case :
http://www.maratis3d.org/?p=277

Hi,

I've just stumbled upon Maratis and want to try it in combination with blender.
I have tried all of the exporter files (from homepage and this thread), the Add-On is not displayed in Blender Add-On list.

--> Blender 2.59 on MacOSX

Hi,

I just tried on osX with Blender 2.59, it's working, the addon-on is in Import-Export,
after you imported the zip file with "Install Add-on" button, don't forget to check the add-on to enable it,
and to do "Save As Default" to save the User Preferences (or it doesn't stay checked).

You're right, it's working.
I think I didn't use the add-on file the right way. After downloading it has been a folder with two python scripts in it. In the add-on dialog I tried to add the scripts directly. With the original zip file it works.

hello

I have  a problem with blender exporter, i followed Raven tutorials and the texture is not showing up, i don't know what cause this. BTW, i use blender 2.60a

Hi,

try to check the texture path (before you select it in blender your texture should be in "your_maratis_project/maps").
Are the Maratis examples working properly ?

the texture also not showing up in blender too, i have followed Raven's tutorial precisely