Topic: Tower Defense Prototype

Here's a project i started working on the past week, it's going quite good wink

Some notes :
- 6 types of ennemies with 1 special skill each (example : Knights can trigger a defense boost, Dogs can trigger a speed boost, Priest can heal himself)
- All mobs have correct walk/hurt/die/skill animations
- Sounds are almost ok (4 per mobs, plus menu, effects) still missing some.
- the tower targetting system is OK !

I'm starting the wave/spawn system right now.
And script-wise, i need to access the self.hp value of mobs at any given times, but i dont know how, if anyone have a clue, that would greatly help

Here's a serie of screenshots (oldest to newest)
Note that graphics gonna change drastically cause i'm not happy at all with the current scenes

PunBB bbcode test

PunBB bbcode test

PunBB bbcode test

PunBB bbcode test

PunBB bbcode test

Re: Tower Defense Prototype

I am really curious at how that swarm thing is going to turn out. I'll be checking this one out.

Wow, I like everything you got going on here. The models are really nice, I even get a spooky feeling from it lol.

Finally, a REAL Maratis project.  It's looking good so far, and it seems like you're actually making some progress.

How did you do the fog?

Thanks for you comments wink

I keep adding/fixing stuff in the script but for the scene i'm quite stuck..

For now i was using blender particle system and a few objects. but then in maratis, i have a very hard FPS drop when some ennemies are spawned. (with no decor, it runs perfectly smooth)

I know it's better to export every single ogjects one by one then rebuild the scene in maratis, but that's actually taking way too much time, i'm searching for a solution right now because i need to fill the scene with objects (otherwise it looks empty and boring) while keeping 60 FPS at any time.

And for the fog : it's 3 scrollling planes (arrayed) with a cloud texture set to additive when exporting, one on ground level, one middle and one on top of the scene, each plane scrolls on a different axis

(quite similiar to the cheap example i made here)

I can submit files if you want

Vegas wrote:

Thanks for you comments wink

I keep adding/fixing stuff in the script but for the scene i'm quite stuck..

For now i was using blender particle system and a few objects. but then in maratis, i have a very hard FPS drop when some ennemies are spawned. (with no decor, it runs perfectly smooth)

I know it's better to export every single ogjects one by one then rebuild the scene in maratis, but that's actually taking way too much time, i'm searching for a solution right now because i need to fill the scene with objects (otherwise it looks empty and boring) while keeping 60 FPS at any time.

And for the fog : it's 3 scrollling planes (arrayed) with a cloud texture set to additive when exporting, one on ground level, one middle and one on top of the scene, each plane scrolls on a different axis

(quite similiar to the cheap example i made here)

I can submit files if you want

I understand in regards to exporting, I uploaded a terrain screenshot that had 50+ 2d grass texture cutouts, what a mess even in blender. We need layer groups, and the ability to export a scene with each individual object being exported as its own mesh.

3 Scrolling planes wink very clever. Note: did you ever try to scroll a normal-map I seen an example of that being done for water the effect looked really good. There is also something called Flow Mapping same principle but allows the water to change direction.

You can upload your fog example if you would like, I will take a look others might be interested also.

If you need any asset help, models, terrains, characters, architecture, ... whatever you need let me know. Would be nice to do something for someone that is going to use it. Right now I have my eye on a Terrain and A Different Fence.

Is that a Three Headed Demon Dog I see lol.

Last edited by zester (2013-10-20 05:44:37)

Thanks for your proposal wink
I will stick with 3 turrets for a start (one archer-type, one barrack that spawn units, and one mage-type)
I know exactly what i will do for the archer type but for the others i have no idea yet, if you have good vibes about it, give a shot wink
(there's no hurry, as i'm still working on the others things in the script for now)

To give you an idea, as you will play the bad guys, the look needs to be aggressive, for example, some buildings of warcraft 2 when playing orcs side (sorry, don't have more recent examples lol) plus, decoratives skulls, bones, chains are more than welcome if you have that in stock

and yes i tried quickly some time ago the normal map scrolling, it's working quite nice, but i think i'll stick with diffuse maps only for this project (at least for now) .. and don't pay attention to the tree-head "dog", i was planning to replace that =p

ps. I will post the fog a bit later

Last edited by Vegas (2013-10-20 13:41:31)