Topic: Changing the window's title.

I'm not very sure about this one. IS there a way to change the window title when you publish it? It's an essential thing to polish, and I'm pretty sure the developers couldn't have overlooked it. Do I need to add some LUA code? I can't find anything about it on the wiki. Do I need to modify something in the published folder? Anyone know?

Re: Changing the window's title.

X54321 wrote:

I'm not very sure about this one. IS there a way to change the window title when you publish it? It's an essential thing to polish, and I'm pretty sure the developers couldn't have overlooked it. Do I need to add some LUA code? I can't find anything about it on the wiki. Do I need to modify something in the published folder? Anyone know?

I think someone posted on this before, let me see if I can find it.

Tutorial Doctor wrote:

I think someone posted on this before, let me see if I can find it.

He requested this feature in the related thread.
There are no other threads about it.

Last edited by 255 (2013-10-20 12:34:55)

Either way, it REALLY needs to be implemented.

^I second this. I tried digging through the published project's property list to see if I could get anywhere. I'm still trying to figure it out. : /

Let me know if there's a better way.

You can always just make it fullscreen, just make a new batch file and put in : (Program name here) "" (width) (height) (1 for fullscreen, 0 for windowed) and then use some program to convert it to a .exe, and then just hide the other one.

X54321 wrote:

You can always just make it fullscreen, just make a new batch file and put in : (Program name here) "" (width) (height) (1 for fullscreen, 0 for windowed) and then use some program to convert it to a .exe, and then just hide the other one.

Thanks for that 0-1 tip. I had just set the size to the size of my cpu screen.

Tutorial Doctor wrote:

cpu screen.

What's that lol

255 wrote:
Tutorial Doctor wrote:

cpu screen.

What's that lol

short for computer. I'm lazy okay! haha.

Last edited by Tutorial Doctor (2013-10-22 16:45:36)

That's PC.

255 wrote:

That's PC.

Even shorter! haha.

I use it as an IOS shortcut (it fills in the actual word) for computer, because I think "C" for computer before I think "PC" for personal computer.

What's the equivalent approach of doing this on a Mac? Is there no way to access the window title through some project property?

you can also recompile Maratis Player : https://code.google.com/p/maratis/sourc … r/main.cpp
the title is set there :

window->create("Maratis"...

Sure but for people using Lua compiling C++ is usually not an option. This is a must-have-feature.

Thanks for the tip, Anael. I'll have to look into recompiling it. smile

In the long term, though, would it be possible to add the "Title" as a publishing option when you click on it ("Publish") in the menu? Right now, publishing seems to be some kind of a background process that runs after you invoke it. It'd be a great user-experience if a small window popped-up letting me customize the project further right before building it:

I.E.

A window would pop up with options like:

"Game Window Title: [    ]" (Would contain a text field for me to manually enter in the game's name)
"Resolution: width[  ] x height[  ]" (The width and height would be text-fields that I could manually enter in the dimensions of the published application's window)
"Full-screen? [  ]" (Would be a check-box that I could click)

There could be other options, too, depending on whatever properties are necessary for the user to customize before they build their executable. Obviously, there would be a "Create" button at the bottom of the window to commit the changes and start the final application build process.

That's just my two cents, and I certainly don't mean to overstep my bounds as a user (I'm very grateful that Maratis is free and open-source!). This is just something I wouldn't mind seeing implemented at some point. smile

Last edited by sunnystormy (2013-10-28 04:02:56)

yes, the publishing need some more work,
some of it is actually not very complicated to implement.