Topic: Video Texture not showing up in Maratis(help)

I applied a video texture to a plane, and it shows up and animates in Blender, but it does not show up in Maratis.

It could be that I haven't somehow actually rendered the video to a texture or something (Blender is starting to really annoy me) and I can't find the right help online.

Had anyone done this with Maratis yet? Or know how? It just shows up as BLACK.

Last edited by Tutorial Doctor (2013-10-28 17:37:21)

Re: Video Texture not showing up in Maratis(help)

Tutorial Doctor wrote:

I applied a video texture to a plane, and it shows up and animates in Blender, but it does not show up in Maratis.

It could be that I haven't somehow actually rendered the video to a texture or something (Blender is starting to really annoy me) and I can't find the right help online.

Maratis doesn't support rendering videos to textures, only texture animation like a flipbook.

zester wrote:
Tutorial Doctor wrote:

Maratis doesn't support rendering videos to textures, only texture animation like a flipbook.

Does it support image sequences? Like in your example of the smoke? How would you get that smoke into maratis since maratis only supports bone/rig animation and not particle animations?

Tutorial Doctor wrote:
zester wrote:
Tutorial Doctor wrote:

Does it support image sequences? Like in your example of the smoke? How would you get that smoke into maratis since maratis only supports bone/rig animation and not particle animations?

I was going to use UV Texture Animation.
http://forum.maratis3d.com/viewtopic.php?id=301

I rendered my smoke out as png's and took every other png and put them in a new transparent image. I added the back background so you could see the smoke on the forums. Make your a transparent image like a 2d cutout.
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-K30sbMutwtg/Umj5sn0JIDI/AAAAAAAABxg/ZffWP0oLlr8/w983-h141-no/Smoke.png

There is a couple of ways to do this and also a plugin called AnimALL. I tried a couple of times and wasn't able to get maratis to animate my uv's not sure what I was doing wrong. But look in the forum/wiki there should be a couple of tutorials.

The torch in ...

http://www.maratis3d.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/scr03.jpg

is a UV Animated Texture.

Last edited by zester (2013-10-28 18:42:27)

You can animate the texture UV offset.
Look at this link : http://forum.maratis3d.com/viewtopic.php?id=98

^
I'm gonna re-write that tutorial as i have a way better method now (everything automated with a blender script)

It can be used for effects like explosions, spells, UI or even animated 2d characters
for example, i'm using this spritesheet (here sized down) in my platformer game project :

PunBB bbcode test
PunBB bbcode test

Yeah.. i guess.. still images .. are not the best way to show an animated sprite -.-

I will work on the tutorial and post it today, but first i need to sleep a bit, see you later wink

In fact the torch in Jules demo is an armature animation (whith a bone), but it could have been done with a texture animation either.